Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Falling down and getting up!!

UPDATE: Well we're back from the doc and mom's collar bone is definitely broken, but the ligimates (spelled wrong I'm sure) are fine. The doc said that she needs to behave, now that could be a problem :) When they found out that her "boyfriend" was over when it happened, well let's just say that everyone, including mom got a good laugh. She is during remarkably well though for being in so much pain. In fact she called while I was typing this post and Dakota was laughing so hard he could barely stand up ~~ yep grandma on pain meds ~~ priceless!!

Well, I wanted to post real quick like since I need to get the 15 3/4's up (yep it is 7:06 AM), oh it's really mean I know (poor guy), but it is a new day and there are things to do!!

Okay so yes there is a reason to get said teen up so early ~~ we have to take my mom to the orthopaedic doc today. Here is a quick run down of what happened:

Mom fell on Saturday, didn't call anyone until Sunday (Mom seriously now).
We took her to the emergency room and she has broken her collar bone.
She also has something wrong with her neck and we have to go see a neuro-surgeon for that.

Mom has been in a lot of pain the last couple of days. It makes me so sad. We've tried to help, but really she just needs to heal. So I wanted to post quickly before we go and ask for prayer for her today. She really needs a touch from our heavenly Father in that left shoulder and just in her life. She deals with A LOT of physical problems on a moment-by-moment basis. I love my mom so much and pray Psalm 27:13 over her a lot:

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living."

I love this verse and it pretty much sums up what I would like for my mom everyday of her life; "to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

So in true mom fashion, what does she do after a fall? She gets right back up and on with things. No wallowing, no crying, no pouting just a lot of getting back up!! She is a tenacious woman of faith!! Who has a broken collar bone right now :(

Thank you for praying and I will update later this afternoon!!

Love and hugs to ya,
Dawn

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dawn, I am praying for your mom today!! I can't believe that she broke her collar bone. I would have been bawlin like a baby, calling everyone who would listen, and everyone who wouldn't!! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I'm happy your mom is doing well. I'll keep praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your mom is okay but sorry about the broken Collar bone. I love that the teen had to get up early I feel the same way about mine. There are things that have to be accomplished. :)
    I will be praying for you as you take care of your mom.
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! I'm so sorry your mom broke her collar bone! I will be praying for her to feel better ASAP! She sounds like a trooper, though!

    ReplyDelete