Sunday, November 23, 2008

Humbled and Thankful . . .

I wanted to share with you a journal entry from 11/15/08 (last Saturday) on our (very long) way home from the Mayo Clinic and surgery.

As you read this please know that I am okay, but this is the humbled part of this post.

"This week has been one of the most humbling of my life to date. When the pain hit its high on Wednesday and then lasted into Thursday, my thoughts went to the Lord and I thought, 'are you taking me home? And if you are, have I done all you intednded me to do? Have I been the girl you wanted me to be?'

This past week has so helped me to see even more that it just isn't about me, and God is in control!!! In those moments when the pain was so bad I didn't think I could stand it, God was there. As I laid in my hospital bed, He was there. I cried out to Him and told Him I needed Him, and He reminded me that He is my sustainer and He reminded me last night of the words He gave me in church last week, He is the lifter of my head. I can honestly say that last week I'm not sure I understood, but today I do. He truly was the lifter of my head when I couldn't lift my head on my own. He held my hand through my husband. He has blessed me greatly indeed."

So how am I today? I'm doing better. I'm still having much difficulty bending my leg, but I'm making strides everyday. I'm adjusting to what things are like right now, and I'm doing good. Looking really forward to this week, because I get staples out and I start PT on Tuesday and Thanksgiving is Thursday. Hubby has just left to go buy our bird ~~ yep that is a smile that is coming across my face. I love that man!!!!!

We got to have Sky this weekend. That was so fun, very hard on hubby because he essentially had two children to take care of :-) but he did a wonderful job, of course. And Dak gets back home today from a weekend away with family and friends. YAY!!!!!


I so wanted to post a Thanksgiving post last Thursday, but was still having a difficult time sitting at the desk without my leg up, so sorry about that. But today I'd like to post a few things I'm so thankful for and hopefully I will be back on track this week with posting.

I am thankful for Jesus who saved my soul from death and gave me eternal life in Him.

I am thankful for God who lifts my head and sustains me every moment and reminds me of His love.

I am thankful for my husband that loves me unconditionally and shows me that love EVERY SINGLE DAY WITHOUT FAIL!!!!!

I am thankful for my son, that God has so richly blessed us with. He brings joy to painful moments and reminds me of the faithfulness of God everyday.

I am thankful for my friends that love me and help me even when I want to do things by myself. They step in and love me and hug me and tells me its okay. And then do what needs to be done, all the while making me feel like part of the process and important ~~ love that.

I am thankful for the thorns that come with the roses. I know that I am learning through this process and that Jesus is in control of all!!!!!

I am thankful for the Blogworld. What a wonderful thing it is ~~ I learn so much by reading about others struggles and the way they deal with them and also to see how God moves in the lives of His kids ~~ it truly is astounding.


Thank you so much for reading and commenting and emailing me through this season. I truly look forward to seeing who has left a comment or emailed me, it lifts me up.

It's good to be back, and I look forward to getting back in the blog-swing of things just as the holidays are upon us.

Love and Blessings to you all,
Dawn

6 comments:

  1. What a thing to remember that when you are suffering so - that you do realize that God is right there with you - never leaving you!!!

    I'm so sorry its been a rought go so far for you!!! You are such a humble servant of God though - eager to spread His works in your life - He will Bless you for that!!

    Hope you get to enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO good to see you back posting on your blog! I have missed you so much!

    I am so glad that you are doing better. I started to call you again over the weekend, but I had no idea when you would be resting. It sounds like you were having a very busy weekend.

    I am still praying for you and will be praying harder this week as you get your staples out and start PT. Remember...one day at the time!

    I am so sorry that you had to go through this, but I am exited about the outcome. I am thankful that you will never have to walk around with crutches again and you will never be bothered with arthritis in this ole' knee again! Tell Dak to look out --you might just be able take off and leave him after this PT is over.

    Don't overdo it. I am praying that you will continue to get the rest that your body needs to continue this healing process.

    I love you,sweet friend,
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you are feeling better! I will pray extra hard for you this week. Please let me know if you need anything. I, too, have so much to be thankful for, and I am thankful for you!! Love you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are feeling better!! God is truly amazing! It is wonderful to look back and see parts of the journey He takes us on!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! So glad to hear you are feeling better.
    Hope you and your family have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving!
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have SO BEEN THERE- crying out to God in the pain...thinking I simply cannot endure it any longer. He is the lifter of our heads!!! I am praising Him with you and for you! I join with you in being so wonderfully thankful for all His blessings! You are one of mine....love you friend!

    ReplyDelete