Friday, April 10, 2009

The Lord of Glory!!!!!

How powerful is Good Friday for all believers!! Christ died for all humans everywhere, so we could have a way to the Father. Was it easy? Absolutely not!!!

Matthew 26:38-39 "Then He said to them, 'My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.' 39 Going a little farther, He fell with His face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will.'"

Every time I read this verse my heart just aches. He knew what He had to do, but it was still agonizing. Oh no it was not easy, but Jesus knew it was necessary. If there had been another way He knew the Father would have showed Him. What Christ wanted more than anything was His Father's will, and this was it. To die so we could live; to make a way where there was none, and so Christ fulfilled His purpose and today is seated at the right hand of the Father interceding for you and me. This, to me, is such a beautiful picture.

He is the Lamb of God, the King of Glory our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!

What He did we couldn't have done for ourselves or for anyone else. We were powerless to free ourselves from sin. So Christ came and willingly laid down His life for us. No one took His life from Him; He laid it down. When He cried: "It is finished." It was done.

Today was our Good Friday service at church. It is a noon service that we have every Good Friday. It is filled with somberness and worship, praise and remembrance. As I have said before, it is one of my favorite services of the year. We remember our Lord and His sacrifice as we remember His body broken for us and His blood spilled for us...we remember as we take Communion, and my heart is so full of Love for my Savior.

Communion is a very personal thing to me. I take it very seriously. I love the way God moves in this service; I am never ready to leave; just want to bask in the Presence of my Lord a little longer; linger in His Sanctuary; prepare my heart for Easter; love on my Savior.

Amazing Grace ~~ My chains are gone ~~ I've been set free ~~ My God, My Savior, has ransomed me ~~ and like a flood ~~ His mercies rain ~~ unending love ~~ Amazing Grace.

I received this in an e-mail today. I had never seen it before. Please enlarge it to make it readable.




Amazing love ~~ How can it be ~~ that You my King would die for me ~~ Amazing Love ~~ I know it's true ~~ and it's my joy to honor you ~~ in all I do ~~ I honor You ~~ You are my King ~~ Jesus You are my King ~~ Amazing Love Indeed!!!


I love you all so much. Thank you for sharing in this week of Passion with me. Two days until Easter when we celebrate the Resurrection or our Lord and Christ ~~ He arose!!!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah Christ Arose!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Blessed Good Friday,
Dawn

8 comments:

  1. He's ALIVE!!! Oh, how I praise Him for laying down His life for me. We are so unworthy, yet He did not hesitate. May He bless you even more than usual this weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing this day has been. A day that humbles me. I hope that you and your family have a glorious Easter Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful!! and it was a good friday too!!
    hope you have a wonderful Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told Steve that your church has a Good Friday noon service. I just LOVED that idea. So glad it was a great blessing to you, friend.

    Have a WONDERFUL Easter with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn,

    I received that same email yesterday and it really made me stop and think.

    I woke up this morning with the words:
    Up from the grave He arose!
    With a mighty triumph o'er His foes.
    He arose the victor from the dark domain,
    And He lives forever with His saints to reign!
    He arose!
    He arose!
    Hallelujah, Christ arose!

    Have a Blessed Easter, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That verse just breaks my heart.... sorrow to the point of death... can you imagine? What our Savior suffered for us....

    But as we know & HE OVERCAME & still OVERCOMES!!! Praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweet friend! I love this post. Hope you are doing well! We are good, I am typing with one hand as I hold our little angel! Can I e-mail you? I'd love to share what's been going on.

    Much love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete