Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Quick Hello and Please Pray!!

We have had some exciting things happen in our lives in the last few days that I had planned on writing about today, but there is a much more pressing matter on my heart....my son Dak.

He started getting dizzy night before last after swimming, I thought maybe he'd just over done it. And then yesterday he woke up with a migraine headache (so we thought) and then he started running a low grade fever (99.7) and then started getting extreme body aches. Well as the day went on he kept feeling worse. Last night when he went to bed his fever was 101.5 and he was chilling, like shaking the bed kind of chilling. I stayed up with him for a little while and did my Bible study. When I was done he was feeling better, the chills had ceased.

He woke up at 5:00 am and his fever was 102.7. He is one sick boy. We've been alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen so he can keep some kind of fever reducer in him, but he is still running fever. At 2:45 this afternoon we will be at the doc's office, please pray that they figure out quickly what is going on so they can start counter acting this fever with meds that will work.

It's so hard to see him so sick. Thank you for your prayers. I knew I could post this and ya'll would pray for him. Please pray.

Thank you so much. I'll keep you posted. Going to check on him.

Love and many hugs,

7 comments:

  1. praying for Dak right now! Please let us know what the doctor says.

    WHen big kids get fever it hits them so hard!

    Praying praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I know how much that boy means to you - so seeing him sick has to just break your heart!

    We'll pray his fever goes & STAYS away... & his health recovers quickly!

    & I'll pray for you to be a strong momma for him through this! No matter how big you are, you need your momma when you're sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for letting us know! I'm lifting him up in prayer now.
    Blessings ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh! I am praying that he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, Dawn! I am so sorry he's sick. I hate when my kids are sick. I worry about them so much. I will pray for Dak!! Let us know what you hear at the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeks! Dawn, sounds like my youngest daughters symptoms. I am praying that Dak will be ok soon.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete