Friday, October 16, 2009

Since when did Cross Country become a contact sport?!!

Dak had a Meet last night (that I didn't get to go to....only one I've missed this year....boo. silly tooth.) anyway....

G went and was giving me the blow-by-blow. This is how it went down at the finish line.........

G: Run Dak go, he's right on your tail.....RUN!!!

Me: On phone giving Dick the details as G gives them to me ~~ RUN SON RUN!!!

G: Go Dak.......pause.... He just took him out!!!

Me: What?!! Who took who out? (because seriously if someone took my baby out I'm coming through this phone!!! =)

G: Hold on.....

Me: What?!! Is she kidding me?!?!!

wait for it....wait for it.....

Dak: Mom I took 12th....Cole got 11th.......The kid pushed me mom!!! But I still took 12th!! out of breath....out of breath....can't really talk.........

So when Dak got home he told me that at the finish line the kid (who was from a MUCH bigger school....) elbowed him, (that may be how you do it in a big school, but not in our little school.....what happened to good sportsmanship) and then....... so Dak said he doesn't remember it, but he pushed back and the kid went rolling. (good sportsmanship out the window ~~ I know I raised him better than that =) He said: Mom I feel terrible. Now that's my boy. He has compassion. He didn't like being pushed but he felt bad when he pushed back. That's a good thing right?!! Or am I just putting a good spin on a pushmadetheboyfall moment?!! hmmm......

anyway....

Thought I'd show you a couple of pics. These aren't from last night, but they are from this season. As soon as I have some from last night (Coach's wife is sending me some....I love that woman!!!) I'll share with ya'll =)

Run baby Run!!!!!!!!

Kick it son ~~ kick it!!! He did medal last night. YAY that's like 3 or 4 for the season now ~~ he is just doing so well in CC this year!!
On another note: I went to the Oral surgeon yesterday for him to check my mouth. He said I definitely have a raw spot there, but the anti-biotics do seem to be working. He also said that it looks like I had dry socket, but I now have a blood-clot over the site, but that did not help this situation any. no.no.it.did.NOT.
So the plan is if this medicine doesn't completely take care of it by Sunday, then they are going to put me on Clindamyacin (a more systemic anti-biotic), but he wants me to finish the Ery first.
Mayo called me again last night to check on me. Apparently they have been very concerned, but can I just say that they seriously are taking GREAT care of me. This could be a very bad situation, and they want to make sure that we stay on top of it. We are very Blessed to have such a wonderful team of doctor's. Doc told me last night that the Clindamyacin is the proper thing to do next if the Ery doesn't quite take care of it. So all in all, things are going well.
We won't be getting Sir Cuteness this weekend. H1N1 has been confirmed in Sweet Hubby's office (as of today), and we want to take every precaution we can, so the little guy doesn't get it. But boy will we miss having him this weekend.
Let me leave you with these verses I read this morning out of The Message Bible in Psalm 91
"If you'll hold on to Me for dear life," says GOD,
"I'll get you out of any trouble.
I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust Me.
Call Me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
I'll give you a long life,
give you a long drink of salvation!"
Does anyone need God to throw them a party today?!! Don't you just love that?!?!!!
I hope you all have a Blessed weekend loaded with lots of fall (cool weather) fun!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the Word of God....like water to a thirsty soul! Thanks for the verses and for the CC story. No pushing allowed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dd ran cc for 3 years and when you have a pack of kids all in the same place trying to get through the same small chute at the same time - any thing can happen.

    I miss the meets, I really enjoyed them and watching Big K run.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for Dak (well, except for the pushing part).

    Hope your tooth and knee get better really soon...and your new study looks great!

    ReplyDelete