Friday, December 18, 2009

A trip to the ER ~~ and a Video of CHRISTmas Past ...

Dak has been sick this week and last night we ended up in the ER with him. They gave him IV fluids and nausea medicine, and he got to go home last night. He was much better and able to rest some after the fluids and medicine. Thank you for always lifting us up to the Father. It means more than you know.

___________________________

Well I downloaded that video I spoke of yesterday on Vimeo and I was so happy when it showed up in my e-mail yesterday afternoon.

So this was when Dak was about 5th grade at CHRISTmas time. That is my sweet niece and nephew you also see.

I had made English Crackers for all the kids and this is us popping them. If you have never done this with your kids, you should research it and do this with them. It is so inexpensive and school age kiddos LOVE IT!!!

The video is grainy, but the memory is as fresh and clear as if it were yesterday. This was so much fun. Be sure and watch for Dak to say "Mine!!" He loved this!!!

Well I'm off to clean, pack, call school, and try to figure out what we do about finals for Dak, and maybe get a nap in this afternoon ~~ sweet bliss!!


Love you all ~~

Untitled from Dawn Winslow on Vimeo.



9 comments:

  1. Praying for your son. Glad that he's better. Enjoyed the video. So precious!!!

    Merry CHRISTmas. Talk with you on the other side of the New Year. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Dak is feeling better. I pray he will be back to his normal self by Christmas. Don't worry too much about the final, they'll get worked out.

    I enjoyed your video, it's always fun going down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was funny because the Hallelujah Chorus was playing on the side when I started the video & I was like "Ah, she added music to her video"... then I figured it out.. I'm smart - really!

    That's awesome to see Christmas's of the past... how awesome that we have the technology to capture time...

    Praying for you all.. hope you get that nap in today friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodness, i hope he starts feeling better!
    loved the video! it's so neat to watch old videos of the past!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your son continues to do better! Christmas is not a good time to be sick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer Dak hasn't been feeling well. Aren't ERs good though?! They get you just want you need. I hope he is back up to speed very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope and pray that Dak is well enough to enjoy Christmas next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Dak any better??? Bless his heart... he's really had a time of it for the past month or so.

    I LOVED the video. I can absolutely bawl like a baby watching our old home videos now. I want that time back SO bad sometimes. I have loved every age my children have been and that continues today, but I sure do miss them being young!

    Enjoy those moments with your boy. Especially these last couple of years at home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dawn, I didn't even know they were my kids until almost the end. I even forgot you had that video.

    ReplyDelete