Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Be Glorified.....

I've been desperately wanting a vacation. We were suppose to take a week this fall, and it just isn't going to work out right now, but you know what?... It is okay. I mean really okay. God is giving me peace amidst the storm(s) right now.

I was praying this morning and the one prayer that kept slipping from my lips was a prayer of thankfulness and praise. God is AMAZING!!! I mean so much more than we can wrap our human minds around. He is God....Creator....Defender of the weak....Guide.......Peace Keeper.....the Lover of my soul..... He is ALL I need!!! It is amazing to know The One who created it all and sustains it all sees me. Me. Pitiful. Broken. Me. It is truly amazing.

This verse kept coming to my mind, so I looked it up in The Message and wanted to share it here with you this morning:

Psalm 27:4-6 (The Message)


4 I'm asking God for one thing,
only one thing:
To live with him in his house
my whole life long.
I'll contemplate his beauty;
I'll study at his feet.

5 That's the only quiet, secure place
in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
far from the buzz of traffic.

6 God holds me head and shoulders
above all who try to pull me down.
I'm headed for his place to offer anthems
that will raise the roof!
Already I'm singing God-songs;
I'm making music to God.

In verse 5 the Psalmist states "That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world...." What is? Verse 4...contemplating His beauty....Studying at His feet....

It is the perfect getaway for this tired soul: meditating on my Jesus and studying at His feet. It is so easy to get caught up in our circumstances that we miss The One in the midst of them that can truly give us the respite we need. I am finding that out. This is the verse that He brought to my mind last night:

Ephesians 1:3 (New International Version)

Spiritual Blessings in Christ

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.

I marked that word "every" because that is what God was showing me last night. He didn't bless me with one or two Blessings in Christ, but EVERY Blessing in Christ. That is so huge!!! We make God very small sometimes. We put Him in our boxes of relativity and for so long that is where He stays. It is when we choose to step out in faith and take Him out of that box and let Him be God in our lives that things change.

The things that once seemed so big and loomy are tiny in the hands of God. He is able. He is willing. He is God!!!

Sunday when I went up for prayer, it is the first time that I got a couple that had already prayed with me. It was so nice to see them again. When she prayed this time, she prayed that I would see how miniscule these knee problems are in the big scope of things. It was just what I needed to hear. Sometimes we can get SO focused on our circumstances, that we miss site of our never-changing, always loving, Potter who is forming us into His likeness, glory by glory.

She also prayed that God would use me mightily for His glory. That we will see His glory revealed through my life. Such a beautiful thing!!! This knee is NOT going to slow me down in the long run, or define me. It will help me to bring more glory to my Father. She prayed that in weakness I will be strong. Can I get an Amen?

You see, God has a plan. God has a way. God is The Way!!!

Today I wanted to share with you a video from our church. This is the church that I attend: James River Assembly in Ozark, MO and this is a video of our Praise and Worship Team and Choir during our Prayer for the sick time on Sunday Mornings. The first part is a picture of our church and then the music starts like 30 or so seconds in. I hope you enjoy it. This is Scotty O (Obremski).



I am so Blessed to be a part of this church. Be Glorified Jesus!!! Be Glorified in my life Father. Creator, Sustainer, Defender of the Weak, You are my God and I will ever praise You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Dawn.I feel the same as you about our lord.He is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete