Friday, October 15, 2010

Random Friday.....

Well one week from yesterday is Total Knee Replacement Surgery. So the countdown is on. A week from today I will officially be in recovery mode. I remember this time last week thinking, "two weeks from today I will be in recovery mode....." Time certainly does fly by doesn't it?

I had a post (still in my edits) that I wrote yesterday, but for fear of sounding like a crazy woman -- what am I saying? I always sound like that....heehee -- anyway.....I decided to keep that one just for me for now. It isn't anything earth shaking, but as you can imagine the nerves are starting to set in a bit. I'm trying to process it all. I want to be calm, cool and collected by next Thursday. I'm ready to get this show on the road and get to the business of recovering, so by next Spring I am on the road again.....walking and staying up with my boys, instead of the.....go ahead I'll catch up mode, which I never really catch up they just end up waiting on me.

So I was looking through pics and thought I'd post a few "new" ones for you. New, relative to you haven't seen them before, so not actually new, but you know =)

Look at this adorable Sir Cuteness.........I love this kid so........Yep could just eat him up with a spoon.....so stinkin'sweet!!!






















I love this pic.....Dak and Cheyenne at Prom last school year. So cute..... Cheyenne is in Dak's class, but is graduating in December, and starting college in January. She is a sweet and smart cookie.










And here is another fav....
These two crack.me.up.


















Dak.....you make me happy. Really.Really.Happy. (This is some Senior year fun).
















Today I will be trying to get some things done to get ready for surgery next week, and will maybe try to get a pair of slippers. I keep looking, but haven't found just what I'm looking for, but I will keep looking =)

This song is on my heart right now. We sang it in church on Sunday and it is where I am in life right now....

"Nothing is too hard for you,
Nothing is too hard for you,
I know my God is able,
And I know His love never fails,
I know my God is able,
and I believe in You....."

Love this song.....






Hope you all have a beautiful weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm thinking some red shoes with a big N on them. Love the pictures. I am praying that everthing goes as painless as possible. Have a Blessed Day. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had you on my heart. God has a plan in all this...I know.

    I'm so happy you are enjoying the madness that is the senior year. Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that video said "God is able to do Karaoke" ... I got the best laugh from that!

    I bet he ROCKS if he does do Karaoke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Georgia - big red slippers with a hugh white N (Go Huskers).

    Anyway, is this the same knee as before? Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn,

    I just know that this surgery is going to be life changing for you and that you won't be the one waiting for them any longer, but leading the pack.

    Cheering you on and keeping you close in my prayers that God does a mighty work next week.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everywhere I turn the past few weeks, I'm reminded 'God is Able'. He IS! Praying for you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete