Monday, December 20, 2010

My pitifully small faith.....

Have I mentioned how much I love Apps? I think I have, but please let me reiterate this: I am loving them.

I have a Beth Moore App: Praying God's Word Prayer Card app.

I LOVE IT!!! I read this yesterday:

"I didn't ask you to believe in Me. I asked you to believe Me.

I sat very puzzled for several moments until I was certain that the Holy Spirit had faithfully shed light on my pitifully small faith. I sensed Him saying,'My child, you believe Me for so little. Don't be so safe in the things you pray. Who are you trying to keep from looking foolish? Me or you?'"

Okay so I don't mind telling you, that it shook me. I was riding my recumbent in the garage listening to Pandora and the next song that came on while I was reading this passage was:

How Deep the Father's Love for Us

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in
Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom


The part that kept sticking out to me was "It was my sin that held Him there..." My sin held Him there, He died for me, I live because He lives, and my pitifully small faith keeps me bound in the arena of "I wish......" I wish my leg would get better..... I wish my loved one would quit running from Him..... I wish......... I wish........ instead I should be saying, I KNOW my God is able. It was my sin that held Him there, but He conquered it. I do not have to have pitifully small faith. That's the deal. I can BELIEVE HIM....not just in Him, but believe Him. When He says He is able, because He is ALWAYS able. I can believe Him.

So as I enter 2011 I am entering in learning mode. I want to know more. I want to know Him more!!! I will be starting by joining the Seista Scripture Memory Verse Team with the LPM Blog. God has already laid my first verse on my heart. I am so ready to start the New Year with Scripture on my heart every day. How cool is that?!!

We are also starting up our online Bible Study the second week of January (tentatively), and it will be Beth Moore's "A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place". If you would like to join us, please leave me your e-mail address and I will send you more information. We'd love to have you.

Luke 2:4-5 (New International Version, ©2010)

"4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. 5 He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child."




Have a Blessed day,

3 comments:

  1. "It was my sin that held him there".... wow... that line ALONE brought tears to my eyes... I've heard that song before but never really LOOKED at the words... wow...

    So is that workbook anywhere? I'm looking forward to it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's GOOD stuff, Dawn. He is all knowing and all powerful... and He is able. I am so thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your heart with us in the LORD dear one!

    Came by to wish you and your family a Christmas full of JESUS JOY!

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete