Monday, August 10, 2015

Sacrifice...of Praise

Welcome to Day 1 of the Daniel Fast.
We are embarking together on 21 days of 
sacrifice, if you will, unto the LORD.

Let me suggest to you,
that yes you are giving up lots of the tasty
food you may enjoy regularly,
or coffee.....
sweet coffee.....

anyway... =)

but what are we really giving to the LORD 
through this sacrifice?

God has been speaking much to me about 
this in the days leading up to the Daniel Fast.
And what He kept saying to me is that
the focus needs to be off me,
and what I'm eating or not eating, 
and on Him, the lover of my soul,
the Bread of life,
and the only true satisfier.

He then spoke this to my heart:
"You need to be giving me a sacrifice of praise."
I have felt this phrase "Sacrifice of Praise"
weaving its way through my days
leading up to the fast.

The writer of Hebrews says this in 13:15 
"Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual 
sacrifice of praise to God, 
proclaiming our allegiance to His name."

I have felt what God has been saying to me
is this:
"live your life as a continual sacrifice to me."
  
In all that we do, we need to be sold out
to Christ.  
In our daily living,
we need to be living out the Kingdom of God
and what it means to be His.

Father,
Thank you for the opportunity to 
do this Daniel Fast together.
I pray that You will fix our eyes completely 
on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith,
who for the joy set before Him,
endured the cross and is seated today at Your
right hand.  
I pray that You will reshape our thinking,
and our focus, 
and help us to draw very near to You
as we go through the next 21 days.
I praise You Father,
and love you SO!
I asked these things in the matchless Name of Christ
Jesus my LORD and KING!!!
Amen





1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back blogging friend!
    Excited to see how this works for you!

    ReplyDelete