Saturday, April 19, 2008

Forecast: Cloudy with a 100% chance of . . .

MUSHROOMS!!! Yep we found some! I am always so excited when we find mushrooms. They are kind of elusive, so you have to be on your guard :)

~~Let's rewind the clock almost two years~~
Two years ago this August I had Intralase eye surgery. I had wore glasses for 35 years (I started wearing glasses as a very little girl). I really didn't even remember a time that I hadn't wore glasses except for the two times I'd tried contacts (both times a diaster). My eye doctor had said about two years prior to surgery that I was not a canidate for the surgery (my eyes were really bad), then two years ago I went in for a routine eye exam and he said everything looked pretty good, so I asked if I'd be a candidate for eye surgery now, and he said that he thought I would. He sent me to another doc and the surgery was a go. I now have 20/25 vision over all (Amazing!!), and it has truly changed my life. I only wear glasses for reading now and that has been very recent (just in the last few months).

~~Now let's go back to present day and mushroom hunting~~
Usually I have a very hard time spotting mushrooms because they just blend right into their surroundings, but this time (the first time I'd been since my eye surgery) I spotted the first one!! Can you believe it? I was so excited. Now it would have been fine with me if we'd just found one or two, but we found 43. To me that is a mess of mushrooms!! I didn't even know people went mushroom hunting until my dear husband introduced it to me years ago, and I love it!! It makes me feel so country :) But Dick says that 43 isn't that many mushrooms. Wow it seemed like a lot to me. We hiked for 2 1/2 hours for those 43 mushrooms ~~ whew I was tired.
My knee? Well let's just say it made it. My husband had to hold on to me a lot, but I didn't mind!! He is the best ever!!

It was just to wet to take the camera along with us on the trail, so I snapped these two just before I cut them and put them in salt water to take a bath.


Aren't they pretty? :)

Well, thanks so much for listening to my adventures of yesterday. Today has been pretty quiet. I'm currently nursing my knee back to relative health :)

Have a GREAT Lord's Day tomorrow,


Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment