Thursday, April 17, 2008

How Exciting to Know. . .

1. I am loved beyond measure by my Father. . .

2. My family loves me know matter what. . .

3. We're pilgrims passing through, and . . .

4. II Corinthians 4:17-18 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
(Keep in mind - certainly not an exhaustive list of exciting things to know!! :)

As you can see, I'm focusing beyond the situations and circumstances of life, and focusing on the eternal; fixing my eyes on Jesus instead of the problems. This week has been a difficult one for me both mentally and emotionally, but that is because I put my focus on the problem instead of on my Jesus. But I'm happy to report today that my focus is back on what is important.

It has seemed so natural for me this week to be down about my knees. I've always been a "glass half-full" kind of gal; always trying to find the positive, but this has been difficult. When you are in pain the natural tendency in our flesh is to let pain be our focus, but instead, our focus needs to be on Christ. He bore all for me on the cross, and that is where my focus needs to be. I cannot be of usefulness to the Kingdom if I am only thinking of myself and my pain, but I believe immense use can come of out of the way we handle pain and painful circumstances faced here on this earth.

So why can I rejoice today? Because "my help cometh from the LORD the maker of heaven and earth." (Psalm 121) I am not going through this alone, God is for me so who can be against me? This is not the end, not if you know Jesus, really it is only the beginning. So today rejoice with me that Christ is all in all: He's all we need!!

In Christ alone,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment