Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Let's talk about it. . .My love of dirt!!!

Who knew a girl could like dirt so much?!! Yesterday my husband and I met at the Yard Waste Recycling Center and got the dirt for our garden. I was so excited!!

This is our garden before dirt.


~~ This is our garden. . .still before dirt ~~


And voila (I know there's an accent in there somewhere :)!! Here is our garden with the rich black dirt!! I can't wait to get it tested, add anything we might need, and get planting. Stay tuned, because when I plant in the garden watch out - that will be excitement at it's best!!


Close up of rich black dirt ~~ (nice narrating huh? :) Oh let me tell you what, shoveling a whole truck load of dirt into a garden is back braking work, but soooooooooo worth it. Doesn't it look GREAT and ready for planting.

And this would be the child (okay the teenager) before school today; he just looked to darn cute I had to take a picture!!


Well, other than just having to stay off of my knee today, it's been pretty quiet around here. Oh yeah I am working on a project, so if it works out I'll be posting pics, if it doesn't I'll be . . . well, I don't know exactly what I'll be doing with it, but hopefully I won't have to worry about that.

Be blessed,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment