Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Current studies. . . Building my faith

So as some of you know I am back in college via the Internet. I have had an on-again off-again relationship with my online classes because of life circumstances that I believe were directly orchestrated by God. Now having said that I have stayed away from my classes to long. This I do know, so as God is calling me back to them I am heeding that call, finally~~

The two classes I am currently taking are "Take Charge of Your Health", this is a Biblically based health course (how appropriate seeing that I am in the middle of the 10 lb battle with Goliath ~~ where are my stones, someone get me my stones for crying out loud!!), oh yeah uhh, Take Charge of Your Health there's the stone and with God as the sling shot it's certain not to miss!!

The other class I'm taking is "The Life of Christ". This is a very good course that is very challenging. Some of the questions really make you think like:
"State and discuss as many principles as you can find within the story of the transfiguration (Matt 17:1-13). Consider other examples from Scripture and life that support these principles."

This was a very thought provoking kind of question and one that really makes you consider different angles of this event. You should take some time and read this passage and see what your answer might be. It's a good lesson to do.

And most of the questions are like that one. They are not multiple choice and they are not yes or no, unless it's yes or no and explain why or why not(don't you just love the explaining part ~~ it makes you consider why you believe what you believe). One of the most interesting assignments has been to write a parable. Have you ever tried that one? Let me tell you, very, very challenging. But I found it was really enjoyable and satisfying to write, and then you have to interpret it and present it (via Internet) to your professor (not sure yet how that will work). But that is lesson number 2 you can try some time if you'd like the challenge.

So now to another reason for this post. In the midst of this struggle to get back into my classes, I have started a study by Priscilla Shirer "He Speaks to Me". It's been so challenging (wow I've used that word a lot in this post :), and very thought-provoking. She makes you think and not just answer based on popular opinion, but you have to answer questions based on your personal situations, yep she gets in your 10 foot radius ~~ ouch!! But I'm really enjoying getting rid of stuff that doesn't belong ~~ like cleaning out a closet full of stuff you really shouldn't be wearing ~~ I've found somethings that I really shouldn't be wearing Spiritually speaking and some things that just don't fit anymore. How awesome is it that God goes through our stuff with us, if we'll let Him, and if we're listening, He'll tell us what to get rid of and what to keep, but we have to be close to Him.

In my time with the Lord this morning this is what He was saying to me and I recorded it in my journal:

"Settle into me; draw close child, let me teach you truth. Settle in close to me, I love you."

It is so great that He's beckoning me to draw close. I can picture myself crawling up in His great big lap, laying my head back, and trusting Him with it all!!

Let me just encourage you all today to draw close ~~ settle in ~~ be still before Abba Father who loves you so. It is time well spent.

In Christ Alone,
Dawn

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS WONDERFUL!!!! what school are you doing this through? i am so interested now!!! email me about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete