Friday, June 6, 2008

Oh Good Grief . . . !!

Okay, so how is it that I go to Big Cedar in Branson yesterday, get on an inner tube and float down a lazy river for about an hour and a half and I'm exhausted? Exhausted!! Like wanna take a nap and order pizza for supper kinda tired!! Still tired even this morning! I am pitiful pitiful!! How does that happen? Seriously, no diving, jumping off the side, no chasing my husband or running from my husband as he chases me :) (he was working), no pushing my teen in the water (no he was WAY to cool to hang around ole mom yesterday, there were girls afoot!! :) Oh no it was just me, my sis and b-i-l down the lazy river and I'm exhausted. Oh well, lets chaulk it up to the sun and no lunch ?~~ Ahh the long walk to the Lazy River (about 1/8) mile ~~ Ahh my flipflops ~~ Ahh okay enough excuses could it be I'm getting old?!! Oh NO NOT THAT!! :) (HAHAHAHA) Okay I'm done . . . Good Grief !!

_____________________________________________________________________


On another note, thank you to everyone who has left me a comment or e-mail to encourage me to hang in there with this knee 'o mine!! We really hoped the water would do it a lot of good yesterday (you know all the healthy resistance stuff), but it was really swollen last night when I got home and stretching made it worse, so I just took it easy. We will see where this whole situation leads. I'll be calling on insurance to see if I can even go to either of the facilities my doc has recommended, so I'll be lettin' you know. I serve a mighty God and He is able to do immeasurably more than all I can even ask or imagine (and I've imagined a lot, like being able to hike up Mount Washburn in Yellowstone again ~~ hey I'm ready!!) God is good and He is God and I'm resting in Him.
Love and hugs,
Dawn

3 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud. Being tired after laying on an inner tube, that sounds like me. haha I do hope your knee will be better very soon.
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you entered the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inner tubing down the river sounds like so much fun! Hope your knee is feeling better soon ~ I've been putting off going in for both of mine - but probably should with hubby retiring soon.
    Have a fabulous week.
    Blessings,
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete