Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Trip to Back in the Day . . .

Well for pic #6 on our tour through the 25 days of CHRISTmas I wanted to take a pic of what CHRISTmas looks like when you have a very busy teenager.

Dakota got the privledge to go to an event that I actually performed in when I was in college, at the same college I went to. Oh how I wish I could have went with him last night. Nostalgia. (darn knee =) But he got to go with his Chamber Choir to the Elizabethan CHRISTmas dinner. If you don't know what this is, it is a Renaissance CHRISTmas themed dinner theater. The "actors" dress up and sing while serving their guests (which Dak got to be a guest last evening) and then the Renaissance singers give a concert. The whole evening is so fun and all accapella ~~ it is such a pure sound. I was a singing server back in the day. It is one of my fondest memories of college. It was very tiring, but so fun.

So this pic is Dak getting ready to leave, and me stuck to his side =)



So how much do mother's love when their sweet kids take a trip to their Alma Mater and take part in something they did in their college days? I was in bed by the time he got home, so I can't wait to drill him this morning for all the details. Maybe I'll serve him breakfast while singing "Here we come a Wassaling" =)
Have a Blessed weekend,

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing your relationship with your son... its so endearing!

    Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun does that dinner theater sound?! And how neat that it was the same event that you had performed in. I'm sure that Dak thought that was kinda cool, too.

    I'm sorry that ole' knee kept you at home, but it won't be long and wild horses won't be able to keep you away from an event like this!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a GREAT picture of the two of you!!! Hope you're having a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete