Friday, December 5, 2008

~~ You Sentimental Girl on a Random Friday ~~

So get ready for a bit of randomness today ~~ after all it is the return of Random Friday =)

Let's start with picture #5 of the 25 Days of CHRISTmas.
This is a fiber optic snowman that one of dearest friends got me several years ago.
This little guy just brings a smile to your face.


And he changes colors ~~ thanks D ~~ this is just one of the funnest gifts I've received over the years.



Betsy had this test on her blog about what kind a gift giver you are, and I thought this was so fun, so I gave it a try and guess what? . . .

You Are a Sentimental Gift Giver







Your gifts are warm, caring, and very personal.

You know that it's the thought that counts...

And you definitely put the most thought behind your gifts.






Yep it definitely pegged me. I am a sentimental giver. In fact, I always think about what I buy or make somebody. Last year, my nephew got engaged and brought his new fiance to our CHRISTmas celebration for the first time. So I really thought about what I might get her for CHRISTmas. And I tried to think about what she might enjoy and maybe help her get to know our family better.


So I made her a scrapbook with each family and their kids and little captions with neat little facts about them and their fam and then I added fun pics of my nephew as a child and as he has grown into a fine young man. It was so much fun to do and even more fun to watch her and my nephew go through the scrapbook together ~~ so fun. I just love to give gifts like this that mean something.

So give this test a try and see if it pegs you right as well.

Yesterday I went to PT. Guess what? I'm at 43 degrees bent. Okay I realize and understand that to most people that is not good at all, but considering at my first appointment last Tuesday I was only at 30 degrees, I'll take 43. I have really had a difficult time thinking that 43 degrees is good, but my PTist and my husband were very encouraging and thought it was very good ~~ so I'm gonna go with that.

I know this is a very random post, but after all it is Random Friday, so here I go again switching gears.

Yesterday, I told you that God is really speaking to me this year from Luke's Gospel, Mary's prayer.

Luke 1:48

"For He has looked on the humble estate of His servant. For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed."

I just love this whole prayer of Mary's. As I read the words of this young girl, I am just overwhelmed by the love of our Lord for her, all generations call her blessed, and truly she was and truly we are as well, because of what God did through Mary. She was a willing vessel. Am I? I have asked myself this question. Do I let God use me the way He wants to or do I put a lot of conditions on it? Do I stop the working of God in my life, because of fear or pain or hurt or rejection or _________? (Whatever the blank may be.)

The other night at 2am I woke up and God was talking to me. And at 2am He certainly had my attention. I felt the discipline of the Lord. Not fun, but very necessary. The Word tells us He disciplines the ones He loves, and I am very thankful for it.

I have been down the last few days and feeling a little sorry for myself (just keeping it real) and God really got ahold of me and told me to STOP IT!!!!!

I want God to use me, and work through me to further His kingdom. I do not want to be a hindrance to the cause of Christ but a help, and if I'm constantly thinking about my own circumstances I am NOT helping, I'm being a hindrance. So I am so thankful that God woke me up in pain to teach me a powerful lesson of His love and discipline.

So as I write today, I once again have perspective back and hope. I am thankful for both, and working like a crazy woman to get this knee moving again, and so thankful for the opportunity to have it fixed in the first place and so thankful that I have people that love me enough to make me move it . . . move it.

So how is that for a Random Friday? I hope you all have a lovely weekend. I will continue the 25 days of CHRISTmas pics even over the weekend, so if you get a minute check in to see those. I have a couple of fun things to show. They involve that sweet boy of mine, he has fun going's on this weekend.

Have a Blessed weekend,


6 comments:

  1. I was in physical therapy for a knee injury years ago & I understand that getting it at ANY angle is a good job!!!! Keep hanging in there!!! Sounds like you are making progress each & everyday!

    And love the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute snowman and glad your PT is going well. It's hard to stay hopeful sometimes, huh? You encourage me and I think you are much like Mary...trusting God with His plan, however unexpected, for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being so sweet! Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snowmen... yours is so cute.

    Several years ago, when my two boys were still preschool age, my husband and I were "Joseph" and "Mary" in a church Christmas function and I had to memorize Mary's prayer and recite it. My favorite part was always "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior."

    That's great news about your knee! You're making progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear a knee update - have been thinking about you and praying!

    I just took that gift-giving quiz tonight and will be posting the results on my blog soon.

    And your snowman is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally see you being a sentimental gift giver!

    I am loving your 25 days of Christmas pics! Can't wait to see them all!

    ReplyDelete