Friday, January 2, 2009

Prayers Avail Much!!

James 5:16 The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Happy New Year ALL!! I hope that you ushered in the New Year with hope and anticipation of the new beginning a new year brings.

I believe in the power of prayer to change things and I believe there is strength in numbers. We (my family and I) have a prayer request on our hearts and so wanted to share a bit of this with you, so you can also be praying for this sweet family.

We met this dear family several years ago when we started going to a little country church. We had moved and it was to far to travel to the church we now attend and really felt God leading us to Ponce. So we started going to church there and met some really amazing people. One of the families we met were Ron and Kathy and their daughter Cassie. Ron is a very gifted musician and Kathy has the sweetest spirit of anyone I'd ever met. Cassie was a teenager at the time and one of the kindest teenagers ever to walk around and be a teen.

A year ago October we received word that Cassie had been having a lot of pain in her hip and a lot of trouble walking for about a year. The doc's couldn't figure out what was wrong, so in Oct '07 they did a MRI at Cassie's insistence, and found a tumor. It was cancer. I believe this is a form of bone cancer, although I'm not 100% on that. She has been valiantly fighting this cancer for over a year now. The doc's in Springfield told her about a month ago there was nothing more they could do here and sent her to MD Andersen in Houston. They have started an aggressive form of chemo that would require her to stay in Houston for about 2 -3 months. Well we received word over the weekend that they were on their way back home. The treatment was not working and MD Andersen told her there was nothing more they could do either. So she will be going through massive amounts of chemo back here in MO from what we understand. This young lady is just 24 years old.

I beseech you brethren, (and ladies) on behalf of this young one to pray. Dick came into the office last night and asked me to come with him. We went into our room and he said we needed to pray for Cassie. He said if this was one of ours we'd want the whole country praying. I thought of you all. Prayer changes things. Please pray for this young one. She is one of the dearest girls I know, and her family is just the hardest working and most God loving people you will meet. They have such a heart for the Lord.

Thank you for lifting this sweet family to the Lord. I will keep you updated on her progress.

Blessings and love to you,

6 comments:

  1. That just breaks my heart! For her, & for her family! But I'm sure she's letting the love of Christ shine through it all. I will put this down on my prayer list & pray continously for this young lady. Please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heartbreaking story! I can certainly relate, as I have a daughter the same age. I will be praying for Cassie and her family. Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dawn, how sad!! I just prayed for Cassie and her family. Thank you for giving us the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know about Cassie so we can go before the Lord on her behalf. I had a friend go through a similar experience years ago - this touches a tender place in my heart. Cassie will be on my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, I will certainly pray for Cassie. How heartbreaking for the family. It is very hard to go through anything like that. God is in total control!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, I cannot imagine what this sweet family is going through. I'll be praying for them all.

    ReplyDelete