Sunday, January 18, 2009

So Taken by the Love of God!!!

I am sure that all who read this blog have heard of the situation with Kelly, Scott and Baby Harper. If you don't know, please go here to catch up. I was reading Jacquie's blog and she alerted me to Angie's blog and the plea that she sends out for us to pray Colossians 1:15-16 for baby Harper. Please join us as we pray for this baby whether it is this verse or another, because there are truly so many verses in the Word of God that we could pray over this situation. Just please pray. "The prayers of a righteous man are powerful and effective." (James 5:16b NIV)

I am so taken by the love of God. He is just washing over me with His love. I had something unfortunate happen this afternoon with my other knee and instead of getting upset or down I just give Him praise. He is in control and He is so teaching me that, and I am thankful!!! I don't know where this puts my recovery, but I am taking it a step at a time literally. So if it slows me down, it's okay, God is in control. I trust Him and love Him.

I heard from my cousin Heather this morning, and again I was so taken back by the love of God as I listened to the harrowing experiences they have been through on this journey to pick up their son. God is so good. They have him and will be finishing up paperwork on Tuesday and then will be headed home on Thursday and I can't wait for them to be back in the states. I nearly cried when I heard her voice, I love her so.

I have really been wanting to post the pictures that she has sent, but I didn't know if it was okay until today. So hopefully I will get pics up of their family complete with Nick, their new son from China posted tomorrow. He is just beautiful!! This is a beautiful family, both inside and out!!!

So as you lay your head on your pillow this eveing, pray for Harper and Praise Jesus for the work He is doing. BECAUSE HE IS DOING A WORK!!!!! He loves you dear one. Whatever the hurdle is you are facing, look up. He sees you and He loves you.

Love and Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Dawn, I'm so sorry about your other knee!!! But, God is good - and you already are trusting Him in it... so it's all good!!

    Thank you so much for keeping everyone reminded to pray for Harper. This is truly an amazing family. I just can't put into words how much faith they have... let's just say, I'm convicted EVERY day by my lack of faith when I see how they respond to life. I will NOT rest until little Harper is in Kelly's and Scott's arms FOR GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear that reminder this morning!!!

    And I can't WAIT to see the picture of the family!!! Love how God can create families in so many ways!

    HUGS my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn! You need to be careful, friend. I am having a good day. Out of my funk.... Thanks for the sweet comments. You really helped in lifting me back up with my face up toward Jesus.

    Have a good day,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete