Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blue Rooster Junction!!!

Okay are you confused yet?!! What in the wide world is a Blue Rooster Junction you might ask?! Well, I didn't know either until last night. Dak and I were invited along with his friend Alyssa to sing at a nursing home in our area last night. On the third Wednesday of every month they have what is called Blue Rooster Junction and it is a night where different folks come together and sing, play, and entertain the residents at the nursing home. And last night it was Gospel night, so they invited us to come. It was so much fun!!

We sang "Shout to the Lord" and I got to play a baby grand. Oh be still my baby grand lovin' heart ~~ those are the most beautiful pianos with the most lovely sound. It was fun!!!

If you have never visited a nursing home and spent time with the residence there you really should. They are so sweet and the lives they have lived tell a story. There was a lady there last night Dawna (no I did not make that spelling up =) and she played the piano as well, and back in the 50's she played for Elvis Presley ~~ yes THE Elvis!!! How exciting!!

Her husband had a heart attack this week, Merman, and she was requesting prayer for him through our host, so sweet. So please pray for them and remember the older members of your community, and get out and see them, they'd love to see you, even if they don't know you. It doesn't matter to them. They will love on you even if they don't know you.


So this morning I've been working on a chipboard project and was researching Scripture for this project and I found little verse tucked away in Proverbs 24:10:

"If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength!"

And that is just how it reads in the NIV with the exclamation point included.

Above my sink in the kitchen I have a window that I post different verses and sayings and this one will be added today. I do not want to falter in times of trouble, because after all, Jesus did tells us that in this world we would have trouble (John 16:33), but take heart because Jesus has overcome the world!! Hallelujah!!!

So if you find yourself in trouble of any kind, don't falter, go to the Father, He is waiting for you. He will help!!

Have a Blessed day in Him,



PS Remember Stephanie and Travis today, this baby is getting closer, will be here any day now!!!

3 comments:

  1. You need to come play Kale's grand in our living room sometime!!

    And I NEEDED that Word for today. Thanks, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is it that Dak goes to the nursing home? I know at that age, I was completely freaked out by older people in nursing homes... now, I see so much wisdom in them... life stories... & you heard a story of ELVIS???? WOW!!!!

    How cool you got to tickle the ivories too! So jealous of that talent!

    And anxiously awaiting baby Ava too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet that you and Dak did this together! I LOVE going to nursing homes and just connecting with the residents. I do not do it enough. Thanks for the reminder! I so wish we lived close enough to go do it together! I know you would keep me accountable!

    ReplyDelete