Thursday, April 2, 2009

In Everything I do...

So as you have probably figured out, I am digging The Message Bible right now. It is really speaking to me. I have started looking up familiar verses to see how The Message puts it. Yesterday I went to a very familiar and much loved verse,

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

So I looked this lovely verse up in The Message and this it what it says (including verse 6):

"Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for GOD's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
He's the one who will keep you on track."

Seriously, how much do you love this verse? Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart, to me that is saying with all that you are, trust Him. That next part is so me sometimes. I want to try to figure it out on my own. Why? Even as I type this it sounds crazy...because it is!!! I can't figure it out and really I shouldn't even want to..... but my stinkin' flesh so gets in the way sometimes....hmfff But I press on toward the high calling in Christ. I am running this race to finish strong, not just to finish!!

So how is that accomplished? I am listening to GOD in ALL that I do, EVERYWHERE I go, and He is the One keeping me on track. God knows exactly what we need and when we need it. He is my all in all. I encourage you today to take a few minutes to tell Him He is your all in all, and if you struggle with letting Him be that in your life, ask Him to help you.....He will, He so will!!!

_____________________________________________

Today is PT day for me. I've had so much going on in this heart of mine and in life that my exercises have kind of taken a back seat the last week or so. I know that's going to show up in PT today. But I will get back to it. PT will be just the push I need.

I hope you all have a Thankful Thursday,

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for making the familiar new again.

    Jesus You are my all in all! I trust you and love you from the bottom of my heart!

    Blessings - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl... you are totally making me want to break out my Message Bible all day long now!!!

    Isnt it funny how the same thing said in a different way reaches you so differently in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder.

    I can be such a control freak it's not funny, so to make the flesh let go is a real challenge for me sometimes.

    I think I will be bookmarking that passage for a while.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn - thanks for this great post. He is most certainly my all in all. He has been awesome this week and has sustained me in my time of anxiousness.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love The Message bible. The verse I used on my blog was from The Message. Luke doesn't really like reading from it and it drives me crazy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful message and I love the way it reads in the Message Bible. Thanks for sharing with us sweet sister. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I selected this verse years ago to be my "life verse", but I have never read it in The Message. LOVE that! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete