Monday, September 21, 2009

They will not sweep over you child....

I have been studying Isaiah 43:2 today.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."

God is really speaking to me through this passage in Isaiah and I'd like to share a few thoughts.

The Hebrew word for water means water but also can mean urine, of danger, violence, and also refreshment. As I studied this I was struck with its different meanings in regards to this verse. When we pass through the ugly waters or dangerous waters, He is with us. When we pass through the refreshing waters, He is with us. That spoke afresh to me today. We just simply walk through many types of waters on our pilgrimage through this earth, but we must remember God is with us through them all.

This verse goes on to say that when we pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over us.

The word for rivers here can also mean flood. The picture in my mind goes to Joshua 3:15-16a "Now the Jordan is at flood stage all during harvest. Yet as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water's edge, 16 the water from upstream stopped flowing..."

If you have ever seen a river at flood stage then you know the last thing you want to do is get in it, but the priests were obedient and did just that, and as soon as "their feet touched the water's edge the water from upstream stopped flowing..." In human eyes the waters should have swept over them, I'm sure there was trepidation in those toes, but they trusted God more than their eyes. They knew what God had spoke and they were sold out to His cause, so they stepped into those tumultuous waters.

It has felt, at times, that the flood stage waters in my own life would sweep over me and carry me out, but they have not, because God is with me, so I know the river will NOT sweep over me.
I wanted to share this song with you today. If you are waiting on God for something, whether it be a healing or whatever it may be, cling to Abba Father today. Sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to this song.........Nothing is impossible with God!!!! He's our portion ~~ He's more than enough ~~ Jesus Your all I need!!!!!



Love you dear ones,

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this and needed to be reminded of this verse today! Thank you, Lord, for saving and rescuing us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!

    I just bought Kari Jobe's CD & am totally in love with this girls songs & voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn,

    These scriptures that you have referenced here are some of the greatest ones I hold onto when I find myself over my head in troubled waters. It is a great reminder that God will not forsake us or leave us.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, during this turbulence that I am in, your post and scripture spoke right to me.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read these verses last night at our church prayer time.

    Spoke to my heart again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for all your sweet thoughts! I am feeling much better and yes, keeping up with a fast 10 month old is a lot haha. He's been very good though, so maybe he knows I look funny and knows mommy doesn't feel good. Hope that you are doing well!

    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome encouragement dear sister! This says it all: "It has felt, at times, that the flood stage waters in my own life would sweep over me and carry me out, but they have not, because God is with me, so I know the river will NOT sweep over me."

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete