Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Learning to Lean....Transparent again....

There are very many days that this could be the title of my post for that day. In fact, it has been the title before, here ~~ and many days when I sit before my computer to write that is the title I think about, but since I have already posted by that title I move on. But not so today. And there may be many more titled this in the future, because I decided today that it is just where I am most days. Needing to lean, learning to lean, and leaning on Him who can give me peace and hope. It is in Christ I lay my head and my heart. So today, again I learn to lean.

What has me needing to lean today? Well I am reading "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom. I received it for my birthday (back in August, ahem) and am just now reading it. I know. Procrastinator.

In it today I read this, "I know that the experiences of our lives when we let God use them, become the mysterious and perfect preparation for the work He will give us to do."

I really started thinking about this quote and wondering if I really view it this way, and so this quote has prompted me to lean in closer, to listen more intently to my Father, and it beckons the question: Do I let God use the experiences in my life to prepare me for the work He will give me to do, or do I wallow around in them awhile first? Do I look at the experiences in my life, both good and bad, as gifts or hindrances, as blessings or not so much?

I would like to always say that I look at them as gifts and blessings all the time, but that just isn't so. I found myself saying the other day to a dear friend (the one who gave me the book) that I just wasn't seeing a particular trial as a blessing right now, and as those words came out of my mouth I felt bad. I have never said that before. It just seems like I've always been able to see the blessing in the thorn, but this time it just felt different to me. But as I'm leaning and as God is speaking I'm seeing many Blessings that are being unveiled to me through this storm. Blessings of peace and hope in the midst of turmoil and waves; joy in the midst of pain, and love in the midst of sorrow. He is giving me understanding beyond what I could ever have on my own. These are precious gifts; beautiful Blessings among this thorn, and I am so thankful.

There is a song that I heard on Sunday and has been in my heart since. I found a youtube video today of a human video done to this song. If you have visited my blog very much you know I am a huge fan of human video's. The song is "Orphan of God" by Avalon. Let it be a reminder to you today that God has not abandoned you; He knows right where you are child. He loves you so. Take a moment and drink this video in. Beautiful. Lean into Him as you watch and know that you are so dearly loved by Him.







PS Update: Dak was really hoping to be able to go to school tomorrow, because he has a field trip, but he woke up this morning with a low-grade fever. He is sad. I feel really bad for him. But he has to be fever free for 24 hours before he can go back to school. bummer. He probably isn't feeling as good today, and he definitely wants to be feeling better so he can run on Saturday at Districts. So we continue to push fluids and encourage him to move around a little more, so he can start getting his body feeling better. GO DAK GO!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

5 comments:

  1. Dawn,

    First of all, lifting Dak's health up in prayer right now that God will reach down and place His healing hand on him.

    I love this post as it truly does speak more to the believer than a non believer. Everyone has trouble in this world it does not just happen to the non believers but to us believers as well to refine us, the make us stronger and to be humbled so that we can continue to rely on God for ALL our needs.

    I too, need to be more thankful in the midst of the turbulent storms that would seem without end that my faith would shine through for others to see just how believers weather the storm.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is tough being thankful in all things... I don't think it was supposed to be easy, though. God knows our hearts. That's why Matthew 11:28 is one of my favorite verses. He wants us to lean on Him.

    GET WELL SOON, Dak!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time being thankful. I have a hard time being content. One phrase that is definetly paraphrased by me helps me is this "I have to go through the fire to receive the gifts on the other side."

    I'll be praying for Dak and his health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post really made me think and I am definitely a "wallower" in the "thing" and then sometimes I let God use it and sometimes I just have more of a pity party. Praying I can "Lean" more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That song gave me the chills as I watched the wonderful presentation. Loved it! Wonderful truth!
    Praying for Dak!
    Blessings ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete