Monday, December 7, 2009

Rocking out to "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".....

Oh what they can do to a CHRISTmas carol. I mean seriously. There are some very current spins on very old CHRISTmas carols, and personally I like it. I am not a rocker by nature, no I am way to soft for that, but I do enjoy a good rocked-out version of a very familiar CHRISTmas carol. For one thing, our kids will listen to them rocked-out, where they WILL NOT if its just the same old CHRISTmas carol they've always heard.

So why all this talk about rocking out the CHRISTmas carols? Well yesterday in church ( I love our church so ~~ they are outside-of-the-box thinkers when it comes to CHRISTmas carol). They took "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" and ROCKED IT OUT and BLESSED MY HEART. Oh my stars ~~

I'm posting a version by MercyMe that is close to what Britain (one of our worship leaders) sang with our choir. It was so inventive and beautiful. This is the closet one I could find, but imagine after the bridge in the middle the choir takes off on another CHRISTmas carol in the middle of it, it was so beautiful. I tried to find a version of it, but it must be an original arrangement. So GREAT!!! So I am so looking forward to our CHRISTmas service next Sunday!!

So go on up and pause the music in the background on my sidebar at the top and enjoy this video. The lights are pretty cool too!!



So I'm going CHRISTmas shopping today, and hoping to get most of it done ~~ YAY!!! I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the season.

I'd like to share a thought with you today: "God is in the midst of it all...
Big, little, tall and small, He loves you and is in it all.." Praise His Name!!!!!

Have a Blessed day ~~ Love you,


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the video.

    I love this: ""God is in the midst of it all...Big, little, tall and small, He loves you and is in it all.." Praise His Name!!!!!"


    All I can say is AMEN!!!!!

    Love you dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Hope you had a great time shopping...can't wait to get started. Blessings to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete