Thursday, February 4, 2010

Updates and Questions for You....

Thought I'd give ya some updates on this fine Thursday.

1). The knee: Well I'd love to say it is back to "normal" whatever that is, but it isn't. Still given me fits, and I'm beginning to wonder if a trip back to Mayo next month is in our future. The thought of needles in this knee, at this point, thoroughly freaks me out!! But it is the next step if it doesn't start straightening up. I had shots in it before the surgery, another procedure to try to prevent surgery, but they didn't work. They didn't really hurt too bad though, but my knee didn't have pieces and parts foreign to my body in it, or been through the trauma it's been through, either. EEK!!! But I am pressing on....totally pressing on!!!!! I will NOT back down....I WILL NOT!!!!! I don't understand why it's not better, but I press on....it will be okay.

2). Reading my Bible in 90 days: It is going so well. If you have not done this and would be willing to sacrifice about an hour a day of something else, you should, oh you really should. It is the most amazing thing to read it in context like this. God Blesses and teaches, and you grow and learn as you sit at His feet. It is a beautiful thing.

Today I start the book of Psalms. I am so excited!!! I LOVE poetry (if it's clean and beautiful =) And I LOVE reading the Psalms, but I've never set and read the whole entire book in succession. God is teaching me so much through this time of consecration through His Word to Him. He is also giving me what comes next after the 90 day reading of Scripture and I'm excited, but more on that later.

3). Health and Wellness Blog: It is going well. I am still trying to work out the format. You know when you start a new blog there is a "getting the feel for it" period of time. And that is where I'm at right now, but it is going really good. I so enjoy the feed back and the outlet that it gives me to right down my thoughts about health and wellness. If you'd like to check it out, please do so here.

4). So this one isn't really an update, but a question: Do ya'll have any cute Valentine's Day ideas? I generally make some kind of fun desert or candy and decorate our table (for the fam, not just for Dick and I). Two years ago I made a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse icing ~~ Amazing!!! And just dreamed it up in this head of mine. It was fabulous!!

This year I've been surfing the www but as of yet haven't really found what I'm looking for, so thought I'd ask ya'll. So Hit Me With Your Best Shot!! Do you remember that Pat Benatar song? Oh yeah RJ, I know you do!! You're with me girl =) anyway...

5). Okay so another question: What about Super Bowl food? What do ya'll do? I'm thinking about making sliders this year, but Dak just told me last night that he has to work. WHAT? ON SUPER BOWL SUNDAY?!!?! Oh the travesty!!! hahaha So it will be me and hubs hanging out, him eating regular sliders, me eating the vegan variety.....sheer bliss!!! Do ya'll have any good SB recipes that we might enjoy? Come on, share the love =)

Oh how I wish this was Not Me Monday with MckMaMa. Although, I've never participated I would today, because I didn't just wake Dak up to fix the TV before 7:00 AM because I messed it up and all he did to fix it was hit the input button. Ummm okay. I am EXTREMELY electronically challenged!! Poor Dak....back to bed he goes. Thanks Dak ~~ you're the best!!!

And speaking of Dak.....I wanted to show this pic again. Yes I know I just posted it on Tuesday, but I love it so, and these two. I mean seriously, have you ever seen anything so cute?!! These two make my heart go pitter and patter!!

Okay, so send me those recipes or link me, come on fire away!!! (That's for you RJ ..... you're welcome =)



Oh yeah I almost forgot ~~ I made Kelly's Beef Enchilada's last night for the fam and they LOVED them. Easy and delish and you can find it here.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry that knee is acting up again. :( I wish I had some good recipes for you, but I can't think of any right off the top of my head! LOVE that last picture, girl! TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! I'm totally singing that now... I love me some Pat Benetar!!!

    Super Bowl.. I'll probably be knitting & watching a movie... I watched my first Super Bowl last year only because I went to a party..

    I love your Valentine's look... & love the pic of Dak with the snow in the air... but he has no COAT on!!!! BRRRRR! Made me cold looking at it!!!

    Love you friend - BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn,

    I am so sorry for your knee problem again and for the options you may be faced with. Let's lift that one up in prayer shall we?

    As far as Valentine's ideas, Hmmm let me get back to you on that as I got some wonderful magazines in today, I havent' read through just yet.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete