Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So, why the new design? ~~

Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful? (So do you have that old Stevie song in your head now? Your welcome. =)

I LOVE my new design!!! I mean LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! First a shout out to dear Faith...
If y'all are not familiar with her, please go check her out and give her some love. Tell her how much you love her work and then get some work of your own from her. She is the BEST to work with!!

I am NOT an easy one to design for. I ask A LOT of questions, and she so graciously answered each one without even a hint of, (I WISH SHE'D JUST LET ME DESIGN ALREADY AND STOP ASKING THESE BLASTED QUESTIONS). Nope. She answered every question and was just a joy to work with, and the end result, well you can see. Absolutely beautiful. And just what I wanted.

You see, at the beginning of this year, God started talking to me about this little ole blog. What He wanted it to be and what I wanted it to be and how that differed. He has been working in my heart a lot lately about what He wants and just how different it is sometimes than what I want. It's a beautiful thing. My hearts desire is to be ALL His. Every nook and cranny, His. So you will remember at the beginning of the year I wasn't even sure if I would continue to blog regularly, but thankfully, except for my crazy busy schedule, I have been able to.

You see, I love to blog. It is an outlet of writing for me, and I love to write. And I love to keep a record of things going on, so it's a win-win!! Yay I LOVE win-win's!!! anyway.....

I had just been feeling like I wasn't blogging for Him, but more for me and that is not what I wanted from this blog. I want to make sure in ALL things that I am giving Him the glory and being all that He wants me to be in it. But I felt at times like I was blogging just to make sure I got a post on that day, so the readers would keep reading. Oh brother. That is not the reason to blog. I need to be blogging for Him and the readers will come, or not. It's up to Him not me. Yep it was a lesson I needed to learn. Thank you Father for teaching me so beautifully, to give ALL things to you. I love you ~~

Well He started working it out in my heart and letting me know that I wasn't to stop blogging, I just needed to understand why I blog. Yep I love to write and yep I love to journal, and I want a place to keep family memories tuck together, but I also want to make sure that all of that falls under Christ. And that is what He was doing in my heart, getting things lined up in my priorities so it can all be in proper perspective. So that when I blog or do anything, it is all to His glory and not my own. That is a deep, wonderful lesson to learn.

So He gave me this design a few weeks ago and immediately I started sensing the Spirit urging me to contact Faith. That is who God wanted to design this blog. You see, He knew I'd need someone like Faith who sees the bigger picture and the details. It's a beautiful thing!!!

So I contacted her and told what I wanted to do with the tabs and all (btw that is a nav bar ~~ I learned so much through this process too =) And then we were off and running.

Now let me give you a quick, how this works:

The nav bar with the headings that say: Home Family Creativity Health & Wellness Recipes

If you click on anyone of those headings you will find specific posts relating to those topics. I'm still in the transition stage, so it will take a little while to get them all updated, but you can get the idea. When you click over ignore the dates. I am back dating so they appear on their link only and not on the home page in current date as well. (Hope that makes sense).

The thought behind this design is to have all of my blogs under one. So it is easier for you to go to other things like recipes without having to go to a completly different URL, and I will be more consistent in posting under different topics if it's all in one place.

OH yes and one more thing, when I post a new post on one of the tabs I will alert you from the home page, so you can check out the new posts as they come in, say like a new recipe. The home page will be mainly devotional in nature, with some family posts making their way there as well.

I hope this makes sense and you enjoy the new set up. I'm really excited about this and really excited to see how God will use it in the future. I know that He has a plan and I just want to be exactly in the center of where He wants me in it all.

I have so many posts running around my head now!!! I'm excited to post, post, post and utilize this new and improved outlet.

Thanks for taking this journey with me.......
Love you.......

Oh yeah, I have started transferring some recipes over to my recipe tab just this morning, so be looking at those. And I will be adding some GREAT tips on Health and Wellness too.... Yep I'm excited!!! =)

Yep still loving you.....

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the new look and your new sense of purpose. Beautiful! Excited to come along for the ride....
    Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new look is fantastic. I love the cheeryness of it.
    I am glad that He has directed you to continue blogging because I would miss you.
    I look forward to reading much much more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new look and can really relate with working through blogging for Him and making sure He is the focus. I also wanted to thank you for the encouraging comments you've left on my blog recently. It's been a rough go and you've really encouraged me so THANK YOU! :-)

    ReplyDelete