Monday, August 9, 2010

Firsts Lasts....

Well, I would love to say that I took a week off of blogging because I was on vacation in a mountain hide-away, but alas, I am just a slacker =)

I am working on Sir Cuteness's 2nd b-day posts with LOTS of pics, more to come on that.........

But today I wanted to share a couple of thoughts on Firsts Lasts. What do I mean by that?

For instance....

Yesterday Dak and I went school shopping for the last time, tear.
And why was that?

Well, because my baby is a........


A SENIOR!!! Wow it seems odd somehow. My sweet baby is starting another chapter in his life.....his Senior Year. And he is ready. His mama? Well, let's not discuss it =)
So yesterday, I bought his last pair of Cross Country shoes for High School and bought his mechanical pencils, pens & paper. Actually, it was a beautiful thing. I am learning to embrace these lasts and not dread them. After all, it is a part of life and it is a beautiful thing. Because these lasts are giving way to firsts. And that my friends, is hopeful. And I am all about hope.
So today, my baby starts his last Cross Country season practices, and his mama will be embracing every last solitary moment of every moment this year.
After all he is a .......

So tomorrow evening we go to our last Open House, and yet........ it is okay, because it will be giving way to more firsts in his life. Isn't that the way it works.
Then on Thursday, his Senior Year starts in earnest.
And as the clock ticks..........



I will be savoring every sweet moment.........
I am also knee deep in our new fall study ladies: Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted
Oh can I just say.........God is SO good!!! This study is going to rock your worlds. I will be sending out an e-mail soon detailing our study including our start date. If you would like more info, please leave me a comment or e-mail me. We'd love to have you along on our journey through Jonah.
Have a Blessed day ~~ I love ya ~~

3 comments:

  1. You can PRETEND you were in a mountain getaway, right?

    Oh my - I remember those last trips to get school supplies... & now the girls are grown & no more need - I STILL go through the school supplies section in stores. I love all the new little gadgets & folders.

    And I'm sure Dak will need help with pens & papers for college :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn,

    Sounds like the beginning of your new chapter is just around the corner. I look forward to working with you this year as I journal my oldests last year in high school as well. It will be a lot of last like I reminded her that this was her last summer vacation, after she finishes with school in June, it's all her time.

    Love to participate in your Jonah study so send me the details.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVED talking about and experiencing our first lasts!! Those are some sweet days.

    ReplyDelete