Monday, December 6, 2010

Manipulation?.........Not good......nope just not good!!!

So I went to see the doc on Friday expecting good news. I know that I am slower than your average TKA patient when it comes to healing, but I have been thinking things were looking up, until Friday.

I went into the doc and it was x-ray day. So they took those and in the doc came in. He started moving my leg around and immediately started talking about manipulation. Now that word can mean many things, but in this case it means that he takes me back in to the OR and puts me out and moves my leg all the way in both directions and breaks up the scar tissue.

Now I don't know about you, but I can think of better ways to spend an afternoon =)

He feels like my range of motion isn't what it should be and that it needs to get there and soon. My PTist said that docs are doing manipulations much sooner in the healing process than they used to.

So I think the doc saw my "deer in the headlight look" and decided he'd give it a little more time. (That and I asked him if we could wait =) (Hey a girl does what she can..... =) He decided that he will give it a month. I wasn't suppose to see him for another three months, but he said he wants to see me in a month. So a month it is, and between now and then me and this knee are going to be having some SERIOUS talks, because it needs to get with the program!!! =)

Oh, by-the-way, the x-rays looked great. Everything right where it is suppose to be. Lined up and looking good. Doc said that all the parts were made to fit my bone structure except for the knee cap. He said the damage was so severe to my knee cap that he had to put a bigger one in there. He said that it will look bulkier than my other one. I'm telling ya, I got the Mac-Daddy of knee caps. Now I don't really care of it looks bulkier, I just hope it works well. They assure me it will.

Okay, so on another note..... I'm really enjoying my Ipod Touch. I have downloaded the ESV version of the Bible on my Ipod and that's the version my church uses. How cool is that? I am playing Scrabble and have I said how much I enjoy Pandora?....Yes I know I did, but just wanted to reiterate that.

I read on a blog about "last minute" CHRISTmas shopping. Oh now that kind of made me nervous. I have barely even started!!! And Mr. Winslow's Birthday is this week. I have a lot to do. Wow, is there an app for that? heehee

I just want to remind everyone that Bible Study will start up again after the first of the year. I'll be announcing what we will be doing soon. I'm really excited about starting it up again.

I participated in a Joy Swap through The Homespun Heart blog and I have the box sitting on a chair ready to go out to my Swap buddy tomorrow. I am SO excited!!!!! It has been so fun meeting someone new and getting some little goodies together for them. So fun!! I'll be posting more about that soon. It was SO fun.

Sir Cuteness has been gone since Friday. I can't wait to get my hands on him tomorrow!!! He is the sweetest thing. His mama said today that he kept walking around saying, "I crack me up!!! I crack me up!!" Yep Sir Cuteness you crack us up to. He is THE sweetest thing in a pull-up I tell ya.

I hope y'all have a beautiful week.

Luke 2:1-4 (New International Version, ©2010)

The Birth of Jesus
"1 In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.
4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David."

Have a Blessed day,

3 comments:

  1. You're poor knee!!!!! You what what I thought though - Praise the Lord you are young & strong... can you imagine being older & going through all this? Something ALWAYS to be thankful for!

    Isnt it amazing the things you can do with your ipod touch????? I feel lost when I dont have mine!

    Yes - I'm getting "last minute" shopping things too & I'm like "I need 'getting started' sales" ... I'm in trouble! ;)

    Cant wait to hear what Bible Study we're doing!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet friend Dawn ~ how I am praying for you!!! You have endured so much through all of this and done it with such a smile and tenacity that most people (including myself) would probably not have. Praying that God heals you BIG in the next 4 weeks and when you go back the Dr. can do nothing but be shocked at your progress!

    Our 15 yr old has an Ipod touch and she LOVES it...this Momma still doesn't even have an Ipod. I am constantly amazed at what all she can do with hers. Enjoy it!!

    Can't wait for a new Bible study & I promise to be more faithful in attending chat sessions this time! I truly loved the last study and was so blessed by it.

    Christmas shopping??...we haven't even started so it's all good. We can be out there battling the crowds together the week of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manipulation doesn't even sound fun at all!! We need to pray for that to change this month.

    Sky is SO funny!

    ReplyDelete