Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SSMT #3

Well, are you ready? It is February 1. WOW doesn't it just seem like we were celebrating CHRISTmas yesterday? Time sure does go fast!!

Well it is time for our 3rd memory verse for the year. Isn't that fantastic?


This year, God has been putting very familiar verses on my heart to memorize. Why? You might be wondering. Well these are verses that I'm very familiar with and can even recite part or most of pretty accurately, but usually I cannot tell you where they are found, so this year, so far, God is dealing with my heart about seriously knowing His Word; knowing exactly where to find the verses that He has put on my heart over the years. It is truly a transforming time for me.

So my verse this time, He gave me just this morning. I really thought it would be another verse. I had it picked out and everything, but God changed it, just like He did last month. I love that. I know that He is speaking and I am obeying. Beautiful. Obedience reaps beautiful bounty in your life. So here it is:

“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in Thee.” Isaiah 26:3 (KJV)

I love this verse in the KJV. I always look in many different translations, and God just kept speaking this one to my heart. I love the way it is worded!!

Okay, so what are your verses? If you are not joining us, please consider it. It will change you life!!! God's Word always will!!

You can go right here to learn more.

Oh yeah, they weren't kidding about the blizzard. WOW!!! There is some seriously blowing snow out there. CRAZY!!

Love and hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Stay warm my sweet friend in that crazy blizzard! My SSMT post goes up this afternoon. I love your verse and especially how God is using this to teach you the places in scripture some of your familiar verses are found.

    Hope you have a great, snowy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you breaking out the King James Version with the "wilt" & "Trusteth" :) Going old school! love it!

    You stay safe friend! Snuggle up in that house with your family & stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the verse.

    There is definitely a blizzard going on out there! I have a feeling we will be snowed in the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete