Monday, October 10, 2011

Beauty in the HIdden ..... Part 2..... Hiking to Granny Henderson's and then.....

So the very first time, I went to Hemmed-In Hollow, (many years ago) Mr. Winslow had a secret he was keeping.....

Yes this adorable guy right here was keeping a wonderful secret.....


Now my pics are out of order, so I will have to just tell you the beautiful secret he was keeping was
this little old cabin out in the middle of these beautiful woods.
I have a thing for little cabins.....especially really old ones that are all run down.
I imagine Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas dinners and beautiful family time.
Cards being played around the table, wrapped in blankets in front of the stove in the middle of winter.....
Yes I have a vivid imagine..... =)
Here is where Granny Henderson cooked....
 And these stairs.....
Get out of town!!!

 And here is sweet Granny Henderson.....
Her and her husband moved into this cabin in 1912 and Granny lived there until 1979. 
Her husband died in 1956, so she lived there for 23 years alone.
She had no electricity and no plumbing, but she was happy.
She finally had to move, because the park board moved into the area and pretty much forced her out.
She only lived a few months after she moved out.
So sad.
She was resourceful and beautiful.
We read her story everytime we come.


We love this old cabin.
I alwas feel so nostalgic every time I come here.
It is a hike. I mean a SERIOUS hike to get here, but it is SO worth.
I will never forget the first time my Mr. Winslow brought me here.....

 He knew my love of old houses and so he hid my eyes and guided me down the path to Granny's house.
Then he pulled his hands away from my eyes and said:  "Ta-Da!!"
It took my breathe away.
And still catches me off guard.
I mean it is seriously in the middle of what some people say is nowhere,
but I say it is right in the middle of somewhere,
somewhere beautiful.

Now here I am just before we got to Granny's.....

My man and I.....
I love him so.....
I trust him completely.....
We are even closer now.....
Things are about to get interesting.....
Here is the side of the Granny's house.....

And this is one of my favorite parts of Granny's house.....
I LOVE the top part of this house.....
This was a really wonderful house and cream of the crop for the day.....
I would say Granny's Mr. Henderson really wanted to make a beautiful, solid house for her.....
Oh let me tell you, he did. 
Thank you Grandpa Henderson!

*****

So this is where our journey starts to get really interesting. 
Seriously interesting.....

Hold on.....

To be cont'd.....

3 comments:

  1. MOM!!! I want to know the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... I just read part 1 & now this.. I'm dying to see what happens...

    but first? ONE BOTTLE!!! for the both of you? On a huge hike? Lady! I'm shaking my finger at you!!!

    That house is precious. The roof detail is beautiful! You can just imagine the history, cant you?

    Dont make us wait too long for the rest of the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it... reminds me so much of Ms. Charlsie!! You're killin' me with the suspense...

    ReplyDelete