Thursday, October 6, 2011

Days of Beauty..... Simple Beauty

So today I wanted to show you a couple of simple things I'm doing to add beauty to our Autumn days around here.

First of all, please visit Monica's blog to see more beautiful ways to put beauty into your every day.

*****

Now onto the easiest way I know to add simple beauty:
a Grandbabe =)

Here is Sir Cuteness all wrapped up in my prayer shawl that RJ made me for CHRISTmas last year.
This prayer shawl is such a Blessing to me and SO warm and cozy.
When I am feeling down, I will go grab it and wrap around my shoulders,
knowing that I am wrapping myself in prayers.
What a precious gift!!!



 And a G-babe wrapped in my Prayer Shawl:
Blissful.

 I received a comment yesterday on my blog from Abbi
She is also participating in "Days of Beauty" and she has a beautiful blog.
She posted yesterday a heart wreath she made for their door and I thought, Ya know I need to change mine.
I've had the same thing on my front door for MANY seasons now. 
So I decided to change it and start doing seasonal crafts for my front door again.

So a few months ago I went to our local Dollar General and they had this cute little metal sunflower (my favorite flower) calendar.  It was so pretty and was on clearance for only $1.  So I snatched it up.

When I got it home, I realized the calendar was messed up and you couldn't really use it for a calendar,
so I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but decided I'd figure out something.

So today I repurposed it and now it is a lovely addition to our front door =)



I left the top half alone and.... 
I added some Tim Holtz craft resist paper with a little Orange Marmalade Distressing Ink to the bottom half, where the messed up calendar part was.
I added some yellow polka dotted ribbon and added "Welcome" in some beautiful K & Company letters.

 I glimmer misted a paper doily with yellow glimmer mist and added a beautiful large yellow flower to the top of it and added a little more yellow polka dotted ribbon and orange bow.

I really like the way it turned out ~ ~ really cute.

 I also made a couple cards last night while the boys watched "Transformers".
I was not interested so I retreated into my craft room =)

 I made this one for a certain hazel eyed, tall drink of water, college boy =)

 I made a pocket for the inside to possibly slip maybe a card of some sort in there =)


He might have mentioned his Star Bucks card was empty =)
I may have to remedy this problem today =)


So I know these are just simple things, but they haved added a little simple beauty to our surroundings.

Let me know if you have something lying around that you think might be able to be turned into something crafty for your cozy cottage space and I'll see if I can give you some ideas.

Have a Super Blessed Day ~~
I love you ~~

3 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with Star Bucks. Is it already midterms? Love the hanger for your door, that was really cute. Have Blessed Day. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the beauty He poured through your hands today! Such a blessing!!
    Great job - Love, Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crafty-ness never stops amazing me!!!! I love that BIG yellow flower... so warm & welcoming :)

    HAHA - Sir Cuteness - he looks like something out of Biblical times with the Prayerl Shawl around his head :)

    Happy Friday Friend!!!

    ReplyDelete