Saturday, February 9, 2013

Surgery Set and now Moved Up.....Update on health things.....

Well hello there!
I know,
I am such a blogging slacker.

I wanted to jump on here and ask y'all to pray.
    
I am having Anterior Cervical Dysectomy with Fusion
on Monday.

Surgery was set for 25th of this month,
but they had a cancellation
and the doctor wanted me to get in as soon as possible.
So they put me in that spot.

You may be wondering what 
this is.....

I have stenosis in my neck that is causing compression on my 
spinal chord,
and that is causing weakness, pain and various
and other sundry issues.

So my doc says this needs to be fixed.
If I were to get into a wreck or have a serious
fall, it could be bad.
Really.bad.

So they are going to go into the front of my neck,
and take out my disc in C5-6 and add
a plastic piece filled with bone
harvested from my vertebrae.
They will then screw a plate over the top of my vertebrae.

This will allow my own bone to continue to grow in this space
until it is fused.  
This process takes 16-18 months.
The plate will no longer be needed at that time,
but they just leave the plate in.

I am to be at the hospital at 7:00 am and surgery will be mid-morning.

God is good!!!
I know He loves me and I know He's got this.
He is helping me as I fight a case of fear.
But He keeps reminding me that that is not coming from Him.
He doesn't give us a Spirit of fear,
but of power, love and a sound mind.

Thank you for loving me.....
and my family.....

Have a Blessed and Beautiful Day ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment