Friday, August 8, 2014

Grace in this Journey: The Do's


OK, so first things first.....
This beauty had her 22nd birthday yesterday,
and we celebrated on Wednesday 
because she worked a 12-hour shift on her birthday.
Which Sir Cuteness just didn't get AT ALL!!
"GRANDMA WHY IS SHE WORKING ON HER BIRTHDAY!!??!!!!???"
GASP!!!
Well, Sir Cuteness
because she is responsible like that.
She is just the best thing, this girl.
I love her to bits.
TO BITS!!


And she and her lovely sister,
are SO supportive of this new adventure of mine.
They are just the best girls I'm telling you.
They just want me to get better.
They both work in an exclusive orthopedic hospital,
so the wisdom they lend to me is priceless.
And all it costs me is love.
I've got loads and loads for these girls,
in fact, it never runs out.


I totally hijacked this pic from FB =)
but are they not THE most beautiful girls you have EVER seen?
I know Rebecca Jo,
You want to photograph them. 
Yep, I SO wish you could.
I would love to see their Scrabble words =)
anyway.....
I love these beauties!!


Ok, so onto the Do's.....
This is what you can eat on the Arthritis Diet.....

Fish: 3-4 Oz of fish twice a week
Salmon Tuna Herring Anchovies & Scallops

Nuts & Seeds: 1.5 Oz of nuts daily (one Oz is about a handful)
Walnuts, Pistachios & Almonds

Fruits & Veggies:  Aim for nine or more serving a day
Cherries, Onion Family, Broccoli, Spinach, Lettuce, Kale
Cabbage, Blueberries, Blackberries, Strawberries 

Olive Oil:  2-3 Tablespoons a day

Beans:  About one cup, twice a week or more
Red Beans, Red Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Black Beans,
Garbanzo Beans, Black-eyed Peas

Other:  
Green Tea, Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Holy Basil, Rosemary

So see, LOTS of really yummy things on the DO list.
(I don't know exactly what Holy Basil is
but I want to look this up and grow it
in my garden.  I consider all of the 
beautiful organic things we grow out there 
Holy, because God kisses them,
but I'm pretty sure this is a specific Basil.
If you know, oh do please tell).  

I am focusing on these things.
There are other things like honey and agave
to add, and a whole host of veggies not listed here.
This list is NOT exhaustive,
just a quick peek to help me stay on target
and helps if I get a little off target or confused.
Which happens with me.
a lot.
ahem.

SO there you have the Do list.

Now armed with the DO's and DON'Ts,
our fun can begin.

I will be posting recipes,
perhaps a video or two,
and updates.
And the first one I will be posting very soon, 
with how things are going and the differences I'm 
seeing in such a short time.

So, here we go.....

Oh and btw, THANK YOU FOR JOINING ME!!!


1 comment:

  1. I'd love to photograph the THREE of you beautiful ladies!!!!
    I think these pictures are gorgeous though :)
    I love seeing your DO's - I need to incorporate that myself for the inflammation in my arm

    ReplyDelete