Saturday, December 26, 2015

Preparing your heart for the Daniel Fast

Note:  Starting January 3rd, I will be leading a group through the Daniel Fast.
If you are interested in doing this with us, please get ahold of me.


As I prepare my heart for the fast,
this verse comes to mind.
The word steadfast especially.
The word in the Hebrew means to be firm.
I want to firmly plant my heart in the Word
and let song and melody flow from within
during this fast.  

One thing that I do is make a prayer list for
during the fast.  
There are always specific things that God has me
focus on during the fast.
Usually it is very specific.  
I write these in a journal
and spend time in the Word and journaling
about these things.  
It is great to go back and see how God
answers in the months that follow.
It also helps just to have a place to land my thoughts.

So this is a very good time to start praying
and seeking God for what He would have
you be praying specific for during the fast.
You may already know exactly what that is,
but let me encourage you to be in prayer
over them.  God may bring some other
things to mind that you have not thought of yet.
"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."
Colossians 3:2
And let God guide you.
He is your ever present help. 

Fasting is to draw our hearts closer to God.
So while the food prep is important,
we must be careful that it is not all we are doing.
It is very important to be taking more time
in prayer and study.
So be preparing your heart and your schedule for extra
time with the LORD from January 3rd-January 23rd.
Put it on your calendar, and keep those appointments with
the Father.
We all get so very busy, but the time you are setting aside
to draw closer to Him to start 2016 is time that will make
an eternal significance in your life and in the lives of others in your life.

I can't wait to take this journey with you.
Thank you for allowing me the privilege of helping to
guide and help you.

Many Blessings to you!
I will be back with some thoughts on grocery lists
and food prep.   

In Christ alone ~~ dawn





No comments:

Post a Comment