Sunday, January 4, 2009

Showing His Faithfulness!!

Don't you love the fact that God is ALWAYS God. No matter what. Even when I'm being this crazy human, He is God. When I'm been crazy and worrying and wondering how things will ever work out, He is God. When I have a bad attitude and am being a little stinker, He is still God.

I witnessed God at work today through my sweet husband. Don't you just love that? When God uses the ones closest to you and your a witness to it all . . . love that.

Today we went to visit my mom. She took a terrible fall this week on New Year's Eve. My baby sis and mom spent NYE in the emergency room. That is a bummer!! They were at the movies when my mom fell hard in the bathroom. She is okay. She hurt her neck again, so given her previous problems there we were most concerned about that, but the MRI came back okay and we are so thankful.

Well today I called and asked if she was up for some company for lunch, so I made my famous chicken strips (yes, btw they are famous ~~ at least around these parts =) and curly fries (mom's fav) and then pumpkin bread for dessert (I'm making myself hungry again). Anyway, we packed that up and off we went to Grandma/mom's house.

We had a lovely lunch and then after lunch my sweet hubs went over to my mom and knelt down in front of her and took her house slipper off and started looking at her ankles and giving her pointers on how best to strengthen them without risking a fall, things she could do sitting down. It was one of the sweetest moments I've witnessed between my mom and husband. I nearly cried!! I told him later it was the sweetest!!!!!

We are very concerned about mom. She has some important doctor appointments on Thursday. We love her so, it is hard to see her in pain and having trouble getting around, but this was such a fun day. It was a memory maker.

Thank you God for your faithfulness. For ALWAYS being God in my life. Thank you for loving us more than we can imagine and for giving of Yourself and bringing us salvation through the precious blood of Christ. You are amazing God, truly amazing. Amen

Hope you all have a lovely evening,

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet moment that was between your husband and your mom. I'll be praying for her doctor's appointments on Thursday. Hope she continues healing from the fall this week.

    Your lunch sounds delicious - come cook for me anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dawn, I am so sorry to hear that your mother fell, but thank the Lord that she is OK. I will certainly be praying about her upcoming doctor appointments.

    What a sweet and tender moment between Dick and your mother. I am sure that it was very touching and just one more reminder of how blessed you are to have such a sweet and caring husband. I've never even met him and I already love him!

    I hope that you are continuing to recuperate and are not overdoing it. BTW...the meal that you prepared for your mom sounds delicious!

    We need to catch up with each other by phone again soon. I've missed talking to you and have thought of you often. Let me know when is a good time for you. (I almost sent you a text on my way home from church today to let you know I was thinking about you --but I didn't know if you had text messaging on your phone.)

    Love you, dear one, and I'll be praying for you and your mother.

    P.S. I'm doing some research on the dried beef with no MSG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your mom's fall!! That's scary. I hope she mends quickly.

    I always like to hear of another pumpkin bread lover!! I have had some in my refrigerator non-stop since October. If I run out... I make more right away. I'll have to stop now that I'm back on the health food!

    ReplyDelete