Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Freedom of Obedience

There is a certain peace and freedom that comes with a life lived in obedience to Jesus Christ. I have so found this to be true in my own life. Free from worry, free from guilt, free from anxiousness and eventually free from pain. Hallelujah!!! And I mean ALL pain, not just of the physical variety, but ALL pain...double Hallelujah!!

What has brought this about you ask? Well, yesterday afternoon after hubs got home I was checking in on a few of my daily blog reads and I came to MckMaMa's and heard of the severe trouble Stellan is having. My hubs and I went to our prayer closets and prayed and prayed. I love that he would drop all he was doing as soon as he heard and beaconed us to pray. That is a Godly, loving me like Christ loves the church, kind of husband. He is all that I say he is here. No fooling around. He is just that Godly. I love that about it. And because he is like that it flows to the whole of our lives. When you live with God in the center it touches all that you do....triple Hallelujah!!!

Well, as I was checking updates later in the evening, MckMaMa started her post last night with this verse: II Corinthians 4:17 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." Can I just tell you what that did for this little Mo girl's faith. To see this mother that has been through so much quote this verse in the midst of a life changing situation spoke volumes to me. She says in this post that none of what they are going through right now seems light or momentary, but she knows in the grand scheme of things it is....yes great faith this young beauty has. If you have not gotten caught up on this story please go here or click the link in my side bar. It is worth your time to meet this lady....well worth your time.

So this verse is one that I kind of committed to memory a while back, kind of. But it is one that I will be committing to memory over the next few days along with the ones surrounding it.

IICornthians 4:16-18 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

So what do you say? Would you like to join me in memorizing any one or all of these verses? If you are not part of the SMT, you can go here to read more about it. But it is one of the best things I have done in a REALLY long time!! I love having God's Word in my heart. So if you'd like to join me just write these verses on a card you can slip in your purse and maybe on a card you can stick on your bathroom mirror or on your kitchen cabinet and read it, pray it, meditate on it. As you spend time in God's Word He will so open it up to you. He will child, He so will. He loves you sooooooooooo much!!!!! And He wants you to know Him better.

So what is He asking you to be obedient in today? Go ahead child take the leap of faith that it takes to be obedient to Him. Sometimes it is not an easy step, believe me I've fallen down a lot while taking this step, but I have found that when I step out in faith and be obedient to His call I am never sorry and always glad that I did, and there is such freedom in that choice.

______________________________________________________________

Well today I embark on my next 6 weeks of PT. I am ready to go, kind of. I woke up with an ear ache and allergy nonsense..boo. But other than that I am ready. We will start embarking on a little more intense workouts I would say and they will get the turnbuckle brace ordered (if insurance will pay). So I'm off to do that and also to do a little something else if the weather doesn't get too stormy and forces me back home, but I'll post about that a little later =)

Have a Blessed Tuesday,




7 comments:

  1. I just sent you an email asking about your knee.. was wondering how you were doing! Glad for the update. but boo!!! for allergies & ear aches!!!

    Can I say, your husband does sound like an amazing man of God! What a blessing he must be to you!!!

    And I totally am going to memorize 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.... what an incredible verse! Thank you for pointing that out today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love having a place in my home to go and pray!! i love that it's my own altar!!
    i also love how this blogsphere can be used as a prayer chain for bloggers or for family!!! that's just praying!
    what an awesome hubby you have!
    great verses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn - glad you are on your way to recovery.

    I am so happy that you have a godly husband - one who will pray with you. I have been praying for sweet Stellan also. I can't get him off my mind. His mother is inspiring.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. My own father is one of those people who could do anything and was such a wonderful provider and leader for our family. Dick is leaving the same legacy.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE those verses. I'm printing them out... and will be working on memorizing them.

    I can't get Stellan off my mind... I just keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Setting my sights on things unseen. I know this, but I have to remind myself of this so often and thank you for the reminder. My best to you as you begin your PT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those verses are awesome! I need to memorize those verses, not only those, but sooo many! As many as possible! I will have to read more about Stellan too. Awww how precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those verses, Dawn!

    I've been wondering how your knee is .... praying for you during rehab.

    ReplyDelete