Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How He Loves Me.....at 43!!!

Yep, that does mean that today is my birthday. I turn another year older, but wiser?!! One can hope =)

As I have thought about my birthday a few things come to mind:


  1. How He loves me. I was born the third child to Mr. & Mrs. J on this day 43 years ago. I was born 7 lbs. 11 oz. but was a puny little thing. When I came home from the hospital I weighed 5 lbs. and something. I had terrible Asthma as a baby. Mom says I slept propped on a pillow my first year. And I've pretty much been puny since. But God sees me ~~ and oh how He loves me in spite of my punyness.
  2. How He loves me. I have always enjoyed music. When I was four, my mom heard music coming from the piano in our music room (my mom was a classical pianist back in the day) after church one Sunday, and she found me, standing on my tippy toes, barely able to reach the keys playing a song I'd heard in Sunday School. She had no idea I had an ear for music. But she'd named my middle name Melody, because she wanted one of her children to be musical. Thanks mom. I love my middle name and music. I started playing that day, and still play today. I love music. Playing and singing and listening and worshipping ~~ love it, and God loves it too and He loves me.
  3. How He loves me. I enjoy my family. Dick, Dak, Chase, Tonya & Sir Cuteness himself, Sky, are the dearest people to me here on this earth. God has Blessed me with them in a manner that mere words could never do justice. They are the sweetest things in all the world. God loves us so.
  4. How He loves me. He has so Blessed me with my extended family as they are now called, post marriage. Isn't that funny. My "extended" family was all I knew growing up. There were five of us kids: Rhonda (the wise), Rusty (only boy, bummer for him =) Dawn (me), Dana (went to be with Jesus in 1986), and Dena (the baby), and of course my mom and dad. This family was all I knew growing up. We had good times and some really bad ones, with the passing of my sister very suddenly and expectantly. But we are family and we stick together. We laugh together and cry together and be together when we can. I LOVE spending holidays and just time with my family. God loves us so.
  5. How He loves me. He sent Jesus to die for my sins, so that I can spend eternity with Him. As I reflect on Jesus, on this my birthday, I am reminded of the love that it took for Father God to send His only Son to come here and do what needed to be done, be the perfect and final sacrifice for our sin. No more animal sacrifices. The perfect blood of the Lamb covers my sin and yours too if you know Him. If you don't, please let me encourage you today to come to know Him by asking Jesus into your heart. If you don't know how, please e-mail me. I'd love to talk to you about my precious Jesus. Oh How He Loves Me....and You too!!!

Here is one of my favorite songs right now!! Enjoy!!! Have a Blessed and Beautiful day...




11 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dawn!!!

    I love that song, too. Another one of my favorites right now is "I'd Need a Savior" by Among the Thirsty.

    PS - One of my best friend's name is Melody Dawn. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND!!!!

    What a beautiful post for a special day!

    I LOVE the name Melody - & love that story about you tip toeing to the piano... how precious! I'm always so jealous of people with taht talent!

    Hope you have a fantastic day full of love & birthday wishes!!!

    Here's to another blessed year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 43rd Beautiful Birthday Dawn!

    Can't wait to hear the details of just how special your family made this day for you!

    We already know that God has blessed all of us with you and I thank you for that.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday sweet Dawn! I wish you nothing but joy today!

    I just love music also. I play the flute and the piano and when I play for Him, I just get lost in the music.

    I wish we could play together some time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, sweet friend! You are a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, birthday girl. Tomorrow I'll be a birthday girl and am turning 43, too. Who would have thought we had that in common? Our mommas were pregnant and gave birth within 24 hours of each other.

    I love this post and how you told of how God loves you in all of those beautiful ways.

    I have never heard this song by David Crowder. It's just beautiful.

    Again, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blessed Birthday dear sweet sister.

    Didn't know we are the same age. I turned 43 this past February. He indeed loves you and your life has His Hand print of love and righteousness upon you.

    I'm praying for you dear one. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dawn,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a beautiful post! I love that song too!
    Have a great day.
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LOVE YOU FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw...HAPPY BIRHTDAY..a day late!!

    i've been such a terrible..with reading and bloggin!!
    your blog is sooo inspiring!!
    have a blessed day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post was so endearing my friend! Happy Birthday and YES YES YES...How He loves you!

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete