Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Stuck in Nuetral ....

That is the name of the book Dak started and finished yesterday. This is the critique of that book from Dak.

"Mom, this book changed my life. I will never again look at people with Cerebral Palsy the same way." Now that is powerful.

I have not read it, but from Dak's synopsis, it is about a kid who has Cerebral Palsy, and who is a genius. He remembers everything. He is a genius trapped inside this body that doesn't work, with a dad who wants to kill him. How completely and utterly sad.

My son is a lover of books. In fact, he finished a book on Sunday and has read two more since then, along with having a life. Not sure how he does it. He just loves to read.

I was thinking about the title "Stuck in Neutral" and it got me to thinking how often I have gotten stuck in neutral in the Spiritual sense. If you are in neutral in your car, you are going nowhere. You are just sitting there. Stuck. Until you put it in drive. In our Spiritual life it is much the same way, I will remain stuck until I put it in drive. Then in drive I can move forward, that is a good thing.

The last seven days I have been involved in LOAM - Ladies on a Mission - through Lisa Shaw's blog right here. This has been a journey of pain and joy, laying somethings down, and now picking somethings up in the Lord. It has been a beautiful journey. In the beginning I wasn't too sure that I really felt well enough to embark on such a journey, but oh how glad I am that I did. I feel so much better today, just seven days later, than I did when we started. I have laid down some bad habits I'd gotten into and am working on changing those into good ones. How many of ya'll know it takes seven weeks to form a habit? ~~ Yes I am a journey).

So I am back to blogging more regularly, as the Lord leads. I have missed ya'll.

___________________________________

I wanted to give you an update on my doc's appt from Friday. She said that she thinks we are dealing with a stomach/esophagus problem because of the amount of Ibuprofen I've been taking since surgery. I really didn't think I was taking that much, but apparently it was too much. There is another test she wants to run, but I have no appt set for that yet.

I really am feeling much better than I was. In fact, D and I have been walking of the evening, that is a good thing for both of us.

Well, I hope you all have a blessed and beautiful day,

6 comments:

  1. OK - first, I'm impressed Dak is that much of a reader! Good for him! He's his mamma's boy! Right? I'm going to have to check out that book!

    And yep - that's what I thought it would be with your health. I've been in many ER's with my husband while they thought he was having a heart attack & it was severe reflux. He ended up having Barrett's esophogus which is another diagnosis - but know it can feel that extreme!!! At least you're getting answers!!!!

    Have a fantastic day friend!!!
    HUGS & LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more sitting in neutral, idling away. Now it's pedal to the metal walking with God. A much better place to be.
    Blessings ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a junior high teacher I have tried relentlessly to have students read that book to no avail. I am glad he enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn,

    What great insight on the neutral idea! Too many times we wonder where is God in the midst of things when it appears that nothing is happening. Perhaps the thing is to look inside ourselves and see if we are in gear or just in neutral thinking we are!

    Great analogy and so happy Dak loves his books. I wish my kids read more.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're feeling better and the doctor is helping you get to the bottom of it!!

    How great is it that Dak is such a reader. I don't know if he's taken his ACT yet, but OMG, reading is HUGE!! That will help him a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You remain in my prayers precious.

    ReplyDelete