Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Luke and other readings.....

I am reading the book of Luke through the holiday season. There are 24 chapters, so I'm reading a chapter a day through December right up to CHRISTmas. I heard this suggestion on the radio a couple of days ago, and thought, oh yeah I need to do that. So that is what I'm doing.



I read the first chapter out of the NIV yesterday, but I think I'm going to go ahead and read it in The Message. I think sometimes a translation can get too comfortable to us, to known if you will, and we miss something in the fresh reading of it. So I will be reading out of The Message, and I'd like to welcome you along in this journey. Will you read Luke with me this CHRISTmas season? What a wonderful way to keep the Word going through the CHRISTmas season when everything is so busy and hectic. It will refresh your soul.

I am also reading "A Lineage of Grace: Unafraid" it is the story of Mary. Caroline talked about this book in a recent post and I went out and bought all five in one. "The Lineage of Grace" by Francine Rivers, is a five book series about the five women in Jesus' genealogy: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba and Mary. This book is fascinating. I have been so taken by Joseph in "Unafraid". Just how things might have been for him and what a man of faith Joseph must have been. This is an amazing book. I am really looking forward to reading the other four books this next year.

For the last couple of years, I've read a CHRISTmas fiction book during the season. This year I have like three to read. I'm so happy. I'm hoping for some quiet moments in the prayer room with our themed tree (which I'm doing today ~~ yay) and a cup of peppermint tea, reading Luke and these other books. Joy upon Joy for me.

So take a moment each day this advent season and be sure and include Jesus in all that you do. He is, of course, The Reason for The Season.

I love ya ~~ have a Blessed day!!!

And tomorrow I have something fun, so stay tuned ~~~




3 comments:

  1. Hi beautiful sister!

    I read the book of Luke in November so enjoy the Reading of His Word. Awesome!!!

    I so love your header. What a cutie!

    I also wanted to tell you how much I love you Dawn. I really appreciate your genuine sister spirit. I'm praying for your family.

    Blessings this CHRISTmas and always as you seek the LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading Luke. I will be glad to join you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. look forward to hearing what God is doing in your life through this book!!
    have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete