Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Papa

I'm currently reading a book called "PaPa Prayer". It is all about praying relationally. Prayer is about developing a relationship with God. So often we make it about wanting God to do this or that for us or someone else we love, or fixing a situation, or coming to our aide, or perhaps even being at our beck and call. (ouch, did that step on anyone else's toes but mine? Yep God just planted that in my Spirit as I was typing).

The PaPa prayer is all about developing and having a relationship with God, our Papa. Coming to Him because we just want to know Him more. Is there anything wrong with coming to Him when we have a need? No absolutely not! But that doesn't need to be the only time we come to Him. God is our Abba, our PaPa, our Daddy in heaven who loves us more than we can imagine and He desires to do good for us, but He wants us to know Him, deeply know Him, and then when you ask out of a heart that REALLY knows God, then faith kicks in deep and you know that you have what you've asked of Him, because you've asked with right motives and desires and what you're asking for lines up with the Word. Oh how I love that!!!

So as I was reading The Message Bible this morning, I read this over in Romans 8:16 (or so, my Message Bible doesn't number indiviual verses):

"This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike, "What's next, PaPa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who He is, and we know who we are: Father and children."

I love that!! Father and children. He is my Abba, my PaPa. Embrace Him today.

_________________________________

Today is a very busy day. I'm taking Dak and Alyssa (her b-day is today) to school this morning and then taking Sir Cuteness to his Great Grandpa's (about 45- hour from my house), and then to get my mom (about an hour back this direction) and then get her to her eye surgeon. She is having cataract surgery on her other eye today. She had her good eye done about three weeks ago. And all that before 11:45 am. And then after surgery, I'll run her home and then it's on the road again another 30 mins or so up to Dak's first tennis match. WOO-HOO!! So yep VERY busy day!!

Love you all ~~ have a beautiful day,

3 comments:

  1. You were right by my favorite verse Romans 8:31 "If God is for us, who can be against us"... love that!

    Hope your momma's eyes are OK today... & have fun being Miss On the Road today!!! Hope you have lots of good Christian music to help you along on the drives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying your mom's surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn,

    I've been discovering adding Father to most of my prayers now as well as praying the scriptures. It's amazing how different your life becomes when you make those simple changes.

    Hang in there sounds like you've got a super busy day ahead of you.

    Please stop by my blog today to meet a blogger in need of help!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete