Thursday, April 8, 2010

Surging with Strength...

Let me start by giving an update on my M-I-L. She is doing much better. She didn't have a stroke, Praise the Lord, but they are treating her for very high blood pressure. So she will be on a BP medicine. Thank you so much for praying. She looked so much better yesterday.

My mom is doing well too. We went back to the doctor yesterday and she is doing fine. She couldn't see out of that eye really, no more than normal (she is almost blind in that eye), but it is still really early. Her eye is still dilated, so as that disapates, hopefully she will gain some vision back in that eye. Even a little would be so great for her.

Dak went over to visit her last night. He was there a couple of hours. He loves his grandma so. He just went over to hang out with her. It was so sweet!!!

Well, today is a little milder day for me. I'm busy here at the house, well relatively speaking. Right now I'm icing my knee and hanging out with y'all =) but soon I will be back up and at it. I am switching winter clothes out for summer clothes. YAY!!! Bring on the short sleeves and flip flops!! And then this afternoon Dak has a tennis meet match. GO BLUEJAYS!!!!!


Okay so there are my updates, now let me share somthing on my heart today. Last night just before bed I got irritated. Now that irritates me. I get really upset with myself when that happens, because I try to never let the sun go down on my anger (or my irritatedness). And last night by the time I crawled into bed I felt much better. And really it was irritation of my own doing. When I get stressed that is the next thing that happens generally; irritation.

So this morning I woke up feeling really bad. I prayed for forgiveness.

I only tell you this, because sometimes I think it's easy to brush over that part, almost as an after thought. But this should not be, no-siree. I feel like it is such an important step to keeping your heart right before Abba, and right with those you are Blessed with. It is way important.

So after I prayed and repented and apologized to my husband, to which he replied, "Your silly". It was really no big deal to him, because it really was no big deal at all. It was just me being over dramatic and stressed.

After Dick left for work it was time for me to get busy with my work outs, and today was Yoga day. What a good day to have when you are stressed out. It was just what I needed. Now don't get all crazy on me. I just started doing actual Yoga recently and I breathe and do the poses (best I can) and think about my Jesus. Yoga is actually really hard. No wonder there is so much breathing, because some of those poses you'd have to breathe through or fall over (and I do that anyway sometimes =)

I've had to switch my workouts around this week, because I kind of messed up and did a couple of workouts on the wrong week, but God knew that I'd need a breather today. I do not take that lightly. If I'd have just gone out to our garage gym and just killed it and not really had time to breathe and take it down a notch, I would not be relaxing right now with ice on the knee.

And on that note, the knee is doing fine. The more I work out though, the harder it is on it, so I'm trying to keep it to a low roar on the knee, so I can continue my workouts just fine. That and tomorrow is leg and back day. So I need to be ready to go.

I'd like to leave you today with Psalm 93:1 The Message Bible:

"GOD is King, robed and ruling,
GOD is robed and surging with strength."

Isn't that an awesome picture ~~ GOD robed and surging with strength ~~ and child He is just that!!!! Never underestimate that power of the living GOD to move right into your situation!! He loves you child, and He'll do just that. Trust Him today!!

Love you all ~~ have a Blessed day,


  1. Glad to hear it wasnt a stroke!!! PTL!!!

    Yoga IS hard.. holding those poses are tough & you do have to keep breathing! What a great way to do it, keeping Jesus on the brain while concentrating! Love it!

    I cant even imagine you being irritated! You have the sweetest soul ever!

    Take care of that knee...I know you wanna go go go!

    BIG HUGS friend!!!

  2. I am glad to hear it wasn't a stroke.
    I remember when I had my cataract surgery the left eye didn't clear up for almost 1 1/2 weeks and the right in about 4 days. I still need glasses but at least now things are clear and not seen through a haze.
    I hope your mom is doing well.