Monday, May 10, 2010

Apple Deliciousness for One...

So I make single-serving dishes a lot. Since I eat a mainly Vegan Diet, single-serving dishes are a must, since I am the only one in my family who eats this strict of a diet. But I feel so much better than I used to, and I do really enjoy eating these lovely dishes. It is an adventure.

I really like sweets, but making sweets that are healthy for you is sometimes a challenge. Well, I have come up with a lovely dessert that is a nice treat and still not to bad for you. Win-Win!!!

Apple Deliciousness for One

1 medium Apple
2 tsp water (or so)
3 Gingersnap Cookies (I used a gluten-free variety), broken up but not crushed
1/2 tablespoon Almond Butter (can use Peanut butter or Cashew butter)

Peel and slice apple and put in a microwave safe bowl. Add water and microwave for 1 minute. Add Gingersnap Cookies and microwave 25-30 seconds more. Apples should be nice and soft and Gingersnaps soft but still in tact. (Times could vary depending on your microwave). Add nut butter and enjoy!!!

Calories: 214 (or there abouts =) Great for a mid-afternoon snack!!!

This was such a delicious treat for me this afternoon. Hope you like it ~~

Happy, Healthy Eating,

No comments:

Post a Comment