Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Simple Mexican Vegan Salad

I do love me a nice refreshing salad in the summer time. Okay late spring time.

And this one is O So Simple!!!

Simple Mexican Vegan Salad

Plate full of lettuce (I'll use fresh Romaine and leaf lettuce from my garden)
1/4 cup Light Red Kidney Beans
1/2 tomato
1 Tbl Black Olives
2 Tbl Vegan Cheese (or cheese of your choice)
1 Tbl onion
2 Corn Tortillas
Canola Spray
1 - 2 Tbl of Simple Mexican Dressing (recipe is in post just below this one ~~ your welcome =)

Start by spraying a little Canola Spray on each side of tortillas. Add them to a Canola sprayed skillet. Cook until brown on both sides and then set aside to cool.

While those cool, prepare the other items for the salad. When ready to put the salad together, tear corn tortillas or you can also cut them into 8 slices. Place them on the plate and add lettuce, tomatoes, Kidney beans, black olives, onions and cheese. Add the dressing on top and enjoy.

This is a delicious, simple supper. You can vary the toppings to fit you palate.

Enjoy!!!

Happy, Healthy eating,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    Salad is one of my favorite things. In fact I had one for dinner just tonight. I make my own Ranch dressing or sometimes a snappy French dressing. I can't get enough salad. I will give your Mexican salad a try soon.

    ReplyDelete