Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Creativity for the LORD!!!

When I attending the online "A Woman Inspired" conference a few weeks ago, I met some really great ladies with wonderful personalities and talents.

One of the ladies is Kathy at A Heart Change Place. She has a post about having a "Casting Box" and I just loved it and decided I would make my own version of this, which I call my Prayer Box.

I wanted to share this with you because it is such a wonderful thing for me. I have struggled with keeping all of my prayer requests organized and easy to find, and this helps me so tremendously, and I also just feel like this little box is so anointed by Papa God. When I open it and read the words that He has prompted me to pen and read the Scriptures that He has put in my heart to pray for others, my heart is full and connected to Him, my Creator, my Savior, my Joy and Very Great Delight!!!

So first of all let me link you to Kathy's site where I first found this idea. Let's see, you can find it right ................ here. Her entire site is so pretty and wonderful. Take a little time and peruse. I think you'll find it lovely, just like I do. I go there and can just breathe a minute. It's so nice.

So this is the Prayer Box that I made. I went to Michael's and found a set of plain boxes that you can paint or cover. There were three for $1.99 (I think ~~ it was very cheap inexpensive =)

I found some scrapbook paper that I liked and started covering.

Here is a view from the top. (The "Believe" is from a sticker pack.)

Here is a few from the side. Yep I used two different papers and then accented with a little ribbon. Yep that's what works for me, but please do not feel like you have to even do that. Just a rubbermade box with index cards works great. This is just the way I roll.

So here is the inside of my pretty little Prayer Box. As you can see, my note cards and dividers do not fit in perfectly. Turned sideways like this the note cards are to big, if you flip them the other way their to small and you have to cut them down. I started doing that, but then I'd forget and grab a regular note card and write all the way to the side end and forget to cut it back first, and well, that just doesn't work so good =) So I'm just doing it this way..... and it works lovely.

Now this is how this works for me. I put the name of the person on the top of the divider card and then I add a verse that I will be praying over them. And then I add the specific prayer requests to the actual index card that I slip in behind the divider card. It works beautifully!!!

Well, there you have it. I will also post this under the "Creativity" tab, and will move my date down in a day or two, but also wanted this on my main page today as well.

Hope you all have a Beautiful day,

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH... I totally am in love with this!!!! I feel a trip to Hobby Lobby coming on QUICK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. Would make a lovely gift too.
    Do you use it daily? Pray over everyone in it daily or are there dividers for each day of the week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry it took so long to respond back to your question! i'm trying to keep up with everything and everyone..lol!!
    my hubby is in okl city and he's been there since the last week of dec.! almost 5 months! yikes! mama is ready for him to come home!
    but God has truely blessed uo with this awesome opportunity! he is in the FAA (air traiffic control) training program! he'll soon be (in one week....and he'll be home) a certified air traffic controler! it really has been a blessing! God is so good!
    it was a little rough at time but it's almost over! yay!
    thanks for all your sweet comments! i LOVE reading your sweet spirited blog!
    God bless!!

    ReplyDelete