Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Love this Boy So.....have I mentioned that?.....

So today was one for the Senior Journal. Yep, still keeping that baby. It helps me to keep things in perspective for me. I love this boy so.........

Today we had a rare afternoon free, so we went to lunch at one of our fav's: Lola's in Nixa. If you live close to me and haven't been, oh you should so go. Please let me know and I will tell ya where it's at, and ya never know I may just join you. It is so delish!!! And the atmosphere is just so wonderful....love it!!

So here's my sweet boy....

I love him so.....have I mentioned that?

What's that Dak?!! You love me too?! Ahhhhh.....you are the best!!!!!!


Here's my boy......
These pics are from my cell phone.....it doesn't like sunlight.




So just as a weird side note on this pic of me....it reminds me of something my hilarious mother asked me the other day.


"So Dawn, does water ever pool in you neck?"
hahahahaha as a matter of fact ........

How funny is that?!! (That was for you RJ ~~ you gotta love a funny mama ~~ hey are our momma's related =)






So what made our time at Lola's so enjoyable? Well besides the impeccable company, our waitress was TERRIFIC!!! Doesn't a good waitress/waiter just make a dining experience sometimes?!! Her name was Trish, and at one point, she came by with our to-go cups tucked safely in her apron and she just walked by and twisted toward Dak to show him the cups, he didn't miss a beat, he grabbed them right out of her apron....It was priceless!!!! and so stinkin' cute.......have I mentioned that I love him? =)


And Trish I know you are reading this today, thank you again.....You made our day at Lola's one to remember. A sweet memory for this mama of a Senior to tuck away in her heart and her journal. Thank you.


We then went to do a little shopping for Senior Pics. I know....please do not get me started, I will cry buckets right here on this blog.....ya know, the big, ugly cry!!!! I love him so.....have I mentioned that? =)


We did really well on the shopping trip.
1 pair of jeans
+
2 t-shirts
+
2 button up shirts
=
$36.00


Not to shabby!!! We had so much fun!! I found an adorable blouse that I thought was SO cute. Dak said I looked like a hippy =) so I didn't get it ........ but I might just take my hippy self back into that resale shop tomorrow and purchase. If I do I'll show you and y'all can see what you think =)


I'd like to leave you with this song. I've been down loading songs that are in the back of our Ruth study book. Have I mentioned how much I love it?!! The whole experience is just so rich ~~ and the music is absolutely beautiful!!


Okay so I wanted to give you a little "Come Now My Love" by Alli Rogers, but it isn't on youtube, so I'm gonna leave you with this one..... "Go" by Anadara





Have a Super Blessed and Beautiful Day,

3 comments:

  1. The world is a better place with funny moms! ;)

    I love when you & Dak get to spend time together... the joy just shines through your words & pictures about him! and $36??? Are you kidding me? you got the hook up deals!!!!

    Senior pictures???? wow... we wont talk anymore about it... dont wanna see you cry... (But I bet they'll be fantastic!)

    Love you got a pic of Trish with Dak. A fun, awesome waitress does make a difference! Some people just have a great ability to be so friendly... love that!

    Happy Thursday friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're seizing every moment with that Senior this summer!! Time does fly, but you're making lots of good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn,

    I just wanted to let you know that you are one of the lucky winners of the book, Sweet Misfortune, from my book review giveaway on Reviews From The Heart. Please email me your mailing information so I can get it to the publisher so that they can send you the book. Please No P.O. Boxes! Since it's being shipped directly from the publisher, please allow 2-3 weeks for the book to arrive. Again congratulations and I can't wait to hear your input on the book when it arrives and you've had a chance to read it. Congratulations again, and I hope you'll participate in all my giveaways this week. They are all posted on the right hand side bar at the top.

    http://reviewsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    I look forward to hearing from you soon!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat
    http://reviewsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete