Monday, July 12, 2010

Knee....Knee....Knee.....

Okay so as you say those three words that title this post, just shake your head as you say them and you have my sentiments exactly!!

It's been a while since I have updated you on what's going on in knee-ville, so here goes.

I had been trying to bike and walk some to get some exercise and help this knee along, but injured it bike riding. I didn't crash or anything, it just didn't respond well, and biking is suppose to be one of the best things you can do, exercise wise, for a knee such as mine, but in this case, not so much.

So since then (about two weeks ago now), it has not been responding well. It has been swelling more and the pain has increased. We are using our Tens Unit and icing and I'm trying to stretch it and also stay off of it when I can, but it is just getting worse.

Tonight I am even back on my crutches. Hopefully that is a one night thing. I'm tired. This knee wears me out somedays. I keep thinking about the things this could mean and it's not good, so let's not talk about it okay?!! =) Suffice it to say, it needs to get better and soon, so I can at least resume walking more normally without much of a limp. That would be good.

Through it all I am keeping my eyes focused upward. As much as this knee wears me out, there are people out there with so many worse things going on, that I am so trying to keep this in perspective. I know this, God is in control and He has a plan....really He does and you can read about it in Jeremiah 29:11. Yep He definitely has a plan, and a good one at that!! So I am trusting in The One with The Plan.

So thought I'd leave you with a couple of pics if Sir Cuteness and I.

Here we are playing the piano back in the winter. He is so funny. He will sit up at the piano and play and move and act like he knows exactly what he is doing. It is so cute!!! We love to watch our little mistro!!
















This pic was taken last night by my sweet man. He walked in after taking a shower and here we were in the chair. I am so glad that Sir Cuteness has taken to falling asleep in my arms again. It is the sweetest feeling to have a wee-one climb up and want you to sing to them and then they fall asleep. That was was last night. I was singing "If your happy and you know it" and "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart..." He loved them both and ended up falling to sleep. I LOVE this little guy SO MUCH!!!!!



I hope the start to your week is going well.....
Love you ~~

4 comments:

  1. Your poor knee... You are such a blessing with keeping such a Godly perspective throughout it all... keep on keeping on lady! ;)

    Oh my word - I just LOVE holding a child as they go to sleep. I dont think there is anything as precious in the world. When Isaac was up last time, I took him on the front porch & just sang to him & he fell asleep in my arms... I seriously teared up at that sweetness of a moment like that. Love you got that picture to hold onto those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to hear that about your knee!
    Have you tried swimming? It may actually feel good in the water.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing more healing than holding a baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious friend, I pray God's healing touch over your knee in Jesus Name!!! Keep steady and focused on the LORD as I know you are!

    Love sir cuteness!!! Cute photos!

    Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete