Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blood Work Update.....

Hey...........

Just wanted to jump on here real quick and let you know what the blood work showed.

Doc's office called yesterday afternoon and told me that there is NO sign of infection!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! My hemoglobin is still low. It needs to be somewhere between 12-14 and mine is at about 11.2, but that is really good. When I was in the hospital it dropped to 7.5 and they talked about giving me a blood transfusion. I so did NOT want that if we didn't have to. My doc opted to watch me instead and it did creep up .2, not much but since I was on the way up he let me go on home without a blood transfusion. Now I am up almost 4 points and my sister (who is a nurse) says that is GREAT!!!!! I am SO excited it is up. They said to keep eating an iron rich diet and it should come right on up into normal range soon on it's own.

So all-in-all, good news.

Today is another milestone. I will be driving myself to PT. I'm going to leave early, so I have plenty of time to get there without rushing or having to fight traffic.

Thank you for praying for us. It means so much to us. We know that God is holding us and helping us every single day.

Psalm 121:1-2 (New International Version)

Psalm 121
A song of ascents.


"1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth."


Have a Blessed day ~~ Love you,

4 comments:

  1. Keep eating those leafy greens!!!! (I've been anemic my whole life so I know what I SHOULD eat to get that blood going)...

    YIPEE about driving! Be careful - go slow - no rush.. & enjoy being back behind the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling well! Praise the Lord! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT news!!! Dawn--I am so sorry I have been such a bad bloggy friend lately! I just have not been my normal reading/commenting self lately. But know that I love ya and am saying a prayer right now that God continues to heal up that knee and gets you back to normal (or your new normal!) soon! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete