Monday, November 15, 2010

Fashion Diaster & Other Happenings.....

So this week at Dak's school is Spirit Week. They have a Blue and White Scrimmage (girls vs. boys) on Friday to kick off the start of Basketball season. So today is Fashion Diaster Day. Now keep in mind that I didn't know this and Dak walks out with this outfit on (minus the hat.....it came on later). I just looked at him like "are you sure son?" =) Before I could say anything he told me it was Fashion Diaster Day.........yep his dress fits the day =)

So Alyssa came by to pick Dak up for school and this is how she was dressed. So stinkin' cute these two.

















Look at Dak's shorts.....He cut old jeans off S-H-O-R-T by today's standards for guys and said he had the 80's look going, and then he looked at me and said or is it the 70's? and I assured him, nope it was the 80's. Oh do y'all recall the shorts boys wore back then? So funny to think about.



















And check out his green readers.
This child cracks.me.up.
He LOVES his readers and wears them A-LOT!!!















Yep, lovin' these two!!















Okay, so this hat came from Dak's trip to Iowa that he took a couple of weeks ago with FBLA. He had a blast and got this at the biggest mall he'd ever been to in Des Moines. So funny!!!




















And yes it has paws =) heeheeheeheehee



So today I have PT at 11:30 AM. It has been a rough knee weekend, but I'm hanging in there. Last week I started getting a knot on the inside part of my knee at the base and it has just continued to grow and hurt more, so I really want to find out what's going on there. And then this afternoon I go to my Primary Care to check out these low-grade fevers I'm still having.



Then tonight is the Fall Athletic Banquet. I'm really looking forward to it, but at the same time am a little sad, because this is his last FAB. But looking forward to seeing his team all together, since I missed the last 3 meets of the season.



Well, I hope you all have a Blessed day and hang in there. Whatever it is, trust God and keep moving up in Him. That is what I am trying to do everyday.



I did see something on The LPM (Beth Moore's) Blog the other day that made me extremely happy. Next year in January she is starting the Scripture Memorization up again for 2011. I am SO happy. That means we will be memorizing 2 verses a month (every other week). I grew so much in my walk when we did this in 2009. So I hope you all will mark your calendars and start with us in January. God is already speaking to my heart about this and what verses we will be walking through. What a beautiful thing!!!

This is some verses I memorized in '09 and still know today. Love these verses!!! And I love the title that Bible Gateway gave them, "Love in Action". Amen!!


Romans 12:9-10 (New International Version)

Love in Action

"9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."

Have a Blessed day,

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dawn, I am going to spend some quiet time in prayer for you today. Praying that God will heal you completely and that you will be free from these fevers and that the knot on your knee will just go away...because we serve a God who can do that! :)

    I know you are excited about the Athletic Banquet and hope you have a wonderful, pain-free time there enjoying Dak and all his accomplishments!

    And that hat....wow, that is something else! I've never seen a hat with paws. My kids would love this!! Hope you have a blessed day & can feel our love, prayers & ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dak is one funny boy!!! He's got such a great personality.

    I'm sorry the knee is not coming along like you'd hope. I'll continue to pray... keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete