Saturday, February 12, 2011

Confession is Good for the Soul ..... Love as a Verb Day 12

Okay, so God has been working on me hard the last two weeks. He will NOT let me get away with things at all and for that I am SO happy!!

That has not always been the case. There have been times in my walk where I have not been so diligent to pay attention to that "still small voice" in my life. Dumb girl.

Now things are so different. I LONG for that Still Small Voice in my life. I listen. I obey. I love deeper because of it. Beautiful.

So this week God was speaking through me in conviction. There was something that I did around CHRISTmas time that I didn't tell my sweet man about because it involved him. So I never told him, but it also involved money, and at the time, God spoke to me about it, but I thought, no I don't need to tell him. I felt bad.

Let me interject here, my reason for this post is to let you know that I am a REAL person. I never want to put on a false perception here. I am a real girl, with real struggles, and a real heart that God works on. Beautiful.

So I hadn't thought about this for a few weeks and then this week Dick made mention of something money wise, and I was SO convicted. So last night, I told him. I broke down and cried. I was so broken over it. And he was so kind. He hugged me and told me I was silly and all was well. Have I mentioned how much I love him?

And then he told me about today......... He is taking me to lunch and then we are going to buy a blender. Now he's speaking my love language =)

I feel completely clean this morning. I had already asked for repentance, but I hadn't completed the process by confessing to my husband that I'd spent this money. I'm so glad that God will NOT let me get by with ANYTHING. (I feel like I need to tell you this was not a huge amount of money, but it was enough that I felt like I should have told him and the reason behind it.)

That is my prayer during this season of pruning, that I would be bare before Him and that He has a vessel totally usable for His glory!!


Psalm 51:10 (NIV)

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Thank you for listening and loving me just the way that I am.....a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. We make things so much harder than they need to be, don't we? No, God doesn't let us get away with things, but He is so gracious to pick up the pieces. I love this reminder, Dawn. Thank you for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete