Thursday, July 21, 2011

Press on.....

Yesterday, was pain Doctor day.  That is always a hard appointment and makes for a difficult day.  The people that are in the Pain Doctor waiting room are well, in pain.  And it makes for a difficult day.

I feel so sorry for anyone in that office, because I know they are a patient or a loved one of a patient.  Sometimes I wonder which is harder.....to be the one in pain, or to have to sit with the one in pain and know there is nothing you can do to help make it go away.  You feel helpless.....I am convinced, that is worse.

The news at the Pain Doctor was not good.  I wish it had been, but no.  Again, not good news. 

I told him the topical was helping, but I had to keep up with putting it on, 40 drops - 4 X's a day - it is quite a regimen, but one I am SO willing to do if it will help.  I was explaining to my doctor that I had noticed if I miss a dose, I am in more pain, even missing one dose.  This apparently is NOT good news.  He said that he hopes it keeps working, but he wants to see me back in three months for a re-evaluation and see where we go from there.  Apparently, if you can't go even one dose without it hurting, that is a sign that it may not keep working.  (At least that is what I took away from it....)  Bummer.

You see, these days of pain and less pain and then pain again, could wear on a girl.  That is if she were looking at the situation and not on her God, but this little girl is choosing Christ.  I love Him so and I know that He loves me more than I can even imagine.  It is a beautiful thing.....

So.........

I Press on.....

Please don't take this to mean that I am in any way super human.  I.am.not.  I struggle daily.  Sometimes momentbymoment is how I must take this thing, but I know that choosing Christ is ALWAYS THE BEST WAY.

So.....

I Press on.....

And I believe that today He wants you to know that whatever you are facing, choose Christ.....  choose to Press on in Him.  Don't look at the situation, look to God.....not to be controlled by circumstances, but rather look to the One who calms the seas and is in the midst of your situation, guiding, leading, helping you to.....

Press on in Christ.

I love you so ~~ Have a Beautiful Thursday ~~

2 comments:

  1. What an honest post! Love it! So sorry I'm just getting back to you on your question about the floral arrangement.. I absolutely think it would look wonderful worked into an arrangement! I like to say that every flower is an option, no matter what time of year! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how it went - I've been praying for you with this appointment.

    Girlfriend - aint that the truth ... we're never promised tomorrow anyways - so that's all you can do - press on one day at a time...& then you find you had the strength through Him to make it... & then you face tomorrow...

    HUGGING you!!!

    ReplyDelete